cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import : Multiple TRs (Transports Requests) in PRD system, Is it advisable to use Import ALL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going to perform CUT-OVER activity in our PRD system and GOLIVE.

My question is :

We have list for 200+ TRs (Transport requests), some of them are out of sequence (means after TR# 100 we have TR 120, TR 122, TR 135 etc.).

So, do I need to Import them one by one ? Or

I can Import them using IMPORT ALL ?

Do I need to maintain the sequence or I can IMPORT them in any order like import TR 122 before TR 100?

PS: Points will awarded accordingly.

Thanks,

Garry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

there are case, where you need to follow the transport order.

One reason is the change history of changed object.

We are using here a extenal tool, that is integrated into SAP transport management system (TMS).

The tool is helping us, to aviod logical error, based on wrong transport queues.

It warns us, if there are object collisions; also you can build transport packages, for GO Live projects.

Also the tool alerts us, if for example sensetive objects are imported, like number ranges.

Usually the transports are created by SAP application teams.

It is their responsibility to support you, concerning the queue and in what order a transport needs to go to the system.

Can you use the transport history of your test system and discuss the queue with the application team leaders.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

May I ask about the 3rd party / external tool so that I can analyse it and try to recomment to my clients. One tool I have hard of is Realtech.   Please let me know what tool do you use ?

Regards,

Garry

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

yes - we are using Realtech (TransportManager).

Transport Management

Since we are using the tool, our production GO Lives are running on technical level smoothly.

But to be fair, there also other tools on the market.

We decided for Transport Manager, as it has for us the best cost-benefits.

It also includes a work-flow, so that on application level, you can implement authorizations/approvals.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Rakeshh Rao, Raja and Carlos.

I followed exacly what you recommended.

BR,

Garry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

I will advice to proceed with single transport or else create a single TR from DEV by using merging of the TR and import in QA and then PRD.

If you have used ChaRM it would have been take care automatically.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Garry,

Its better to import one by one, as there will be dependencies in transports.

If you are confirmed with the sequence, if you had already imported all at one go in Non production systems, you can do it in production.

But as per standards  which i follow, its safe to do one by one.

regards

Rakeshh Rao