cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta issue in generic delta built on Infoset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

We have genreic data source  which is built on Infoset.Having Generic delta as Calday.

for one day data has not reached DSO ie almost 3 months back.

Can any one answer below questions

1.Is it possible to get the deltas for taht day?

2.if it is possible how to recovery the data

3.Please also provide recoevery stestps.

Points will be defnitely awarded .

Regards,

Khaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Generic datasource with delta, upper limit and lower limit are set every time you perform the load, you can only retrieve one previous request as repeat delta but not the old ones.

2. If you know the exact day when it was missed, you can  request full infopackage load for those days based on document date, but to be safe you can run the full load for that entire month.

provided, in your flow, you got standard DSO, with overwrite option,

3. Point 2 is the recovery procedure,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreekanth.

But,as per my understanding delta pointer will remain there only as long as next delta is not pulledThen if delta for 3rd is missed pointer will be tehre only when next delta runs ie on 5th it pulls delta from the last pointer set,right?

corrct me if tehre is any wrong in my understanding

Regards,

Khaja

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is correct.  if delta for 3rd is not run,  when the next run on 5th, the upper limit will be 5th and the lower limit will be upper limit of last delta request, in your case, lower limit is 2nd.

any records created from 2nd to 5th are extracted with that delta.

if you are saying that, your delta on 3rd is run but failed, you will make the request red and then your next delta load will get current + previous delta.

last case,  if your delta on 3rd run and you deleted that request in BW by mistake, you will not get that back as part of repeat delta,  in this case, you will have to run the full load for missing delta.