cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early archived and late archived

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,o

i am very  new to SAP DMS  i don't have basic knowledge about this  , but in our company  have given the task to do configuration of DMS and Early Archiving & Late Archiving 

please help me for this, kindly explain from scratch , i have searched in Google as well but there is no sufficient information

kindly help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please guide us how to assign the document folder in OAAD

today  i need to submit my boss report about this , please help

regards

inayath

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear inayath,

there are no folders in OAAD...

Please read the documentation that I sent you in my previous comment and please phrase exactly which scenario you would like to implement.

After this we can help you further.

But the SPRO customization and it's documentation should be more than enought to make a proper ArchiveLink configuration.

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Janos,

we have configure OAC0  but now in OAAD when we are clicking to document finder ,

system is showing error No document area found (customizing) Please advice

what to do next

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you want to use the Document Finder (transaction OA_FIND) then you have to configure Document Area(s) it in transaction OADFFCUST first

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Janoes

Thanks a lot for your help

when we are doing configuration for the document area

we are getting  below error please help

The query class does not implement the Query Interface.

Message no. OA693

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  All

please reply

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The query class is an ABAP Objects class that implements the IF_ALINK_QUERY interface and realises the query in a document area.

Please please read the SPRO documentation under: transaction SPRO Reference IMG:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> SAP NetWeaver -> Application Server -> Basis Services -> ArchiveLink -> Document Finder Customizing

You find two documentation for

Register Document Areas and Create Aggregated Document Areas

Register Document Areas

You can open the documentation with the small glasses&paper icon.

You have to read it before try to customize the Document Finder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

please help

former_member227363
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear inayat,

Please follow this link-

SAP Document Management System - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Thanks

SANDEEP

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inayat,

the link from Sandeep describes the SAP Document Management System. Knowledge Provider (KPRO) is used to handle documents.

Early and late archiving are scenarios to handle incoming documents in business processes, e. g. for incoming invoices and use ArchiveLink interface to handle documents (archiving/displaying). Please have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/4f/9932ce446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm?frame....

The names "early archiving" and "late archiving" are not used by SAP anymore. They are replaced by "storing*"/"early storing*" and "late storing with barcode".

In short overview:

Early archiving process means: document is scanned/archived and SAP workflow starts with digital document. Business document is created in workflow and scanned document is assigned to the business document.

Late archiving means: manual "workflow" is done with paper document; when creating the business document a barcode is placed on the document and the barcode is entered in SAP. After that the document is scanned and linked to the business document using the barcode as a link.

Regards,

Benedikt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benedikt

Can you please explain me with configuration steps how the documnet will store  .

how it will flows OAWD t code

lots of confusion

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inayat,

there is a customizing wizard that will guide you:

There are a lot of possibilites in it and it depends on what you want to do with OAWD. Therefore I cannot tell you what settings you will need.

But I think this wizard and the information in it will help you to understand.

Regards,

Benedikt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bene

thanks a lot but i need to know why we use CV01n what is the purpose of maintaining Documents

please explain

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inayat,

there are at least two worlds in SAP regarding documents:

* DMS (CV0xN)

* ArchiveLink (e. g. OAWD)

ArchiveLink is a quite simple method to store files in an external content repository and to assign them to business documents, e. g. an invoice or purchase order using the attachement list in the object services of the business object. Files can be incoming (file comes into SAP) or outgoing (file is produced by SAP). There is no status, versioning, meta data, etc. Can be used at every object that has object services.

DMS is about management of documents. You have status, versioning, meta data (classification), etc. You have an own SAP object (document info record, DIR) to manage documents and files can be stored at these DIRs (and stored in an external content repository). A document info record can also be linked to SAP business objects (only special SAP objects provide this possibility).

I think you have to read the information in the wiki and SAP help mentioned above to get an idea about the two concepts.

Regards,

Benedikt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Benedikt,

Millions of thanks for your support.

now what is the difference between OAAD & OAWD  please explain

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inayat,

both transactions belong to ArchiveLink.

• OAAD is an administration transaction for find documents and change the assignment of documents to business objects (e. g. document assigned to invoice 4711 should be assigned to 9815);
  • OAWD is a transaction for users that bring documents/files into SAP and start workflow or assign the documents to business objects (e. g. invoice). Documents can be created by scanner (as far as I know only with Opentext Scanning possible), manually uploaded or using drag & drop. This is the transaction for "early archiving".

If this is helpful, please rate my answer

Regards,

Benedikt

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bene

please reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have created OAC0  CS  now tell us what is  the next step to be done kindly help any one .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

we have created CS in OAC0 now  what is the next step please guide

thanks