cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communications with Hybris Commerce

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the recommended or standard method for the passing of data from Hybris Commerce to yMkt Interactions?

Thanks

Cliff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

please define "data" 🙂

The most common asked scenario to pass the clickstream data from ycommerce to yMKT.  For example, you may want to pass web events aka clickstream such as browse, view page, search, banner clicks, shopping cart and check out.   This information can be loaded as interactions so that it can be used in segmentation, customer contact fact sheet, customer journey applications within yMKT. 

At this point, the clickstream can be loaded as interactions through "SAP Data Services" (eg: use interaction load scope item from rapid data load package) for batch or "Event Stream Processor" for bit more real time needs or may be direct API calls are possible.  This is an area where more tighter integration is expected in near future. 

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

To expand on the question(s).

Input to yMkt

You've given options for loading clickstream data to yMkt. Do you know how to export the data from yCommerce?

• Does yCommerce have a standard export already in the correct format?
  • Do we need to manipulate the data from yCommerce to get it into a format suitable for loading to yMkt?

Input to yCommerce

I believe yCommerce can load in campaigns from yMkt. How are these loaded?

• Is there a standard import function.
  • Do we need to manipulate the data to create Impex files?
  • Are the files in the form of lists of customers or are they the attribute used by the rules that generated the target group?

SAPADTReco

This extension allows yCommerce to make a call to yMkt to test whether a customer is part of a campaign. What details are passed when making this call?

• Is it a customer identifier? In this case are we assuming the customer is already known to yMkt?
  • Is it the details of the customer? This answer assumes the details in yMkt match the fields used for the original segmentation that created the campaign. It would assume the campaign was based on either ERP data or Interaction data.

Although there are a number of presentation describing the benefits of using yMkt segmentation to customise the user experience in yCommerce I've found nothing that describes in detail the concepts or how to go about it.

Cheers

Cliff

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

See below.

Input to yMkt

In this case you need to setup clickstream application(eg: adobe analytics or other) between yCommerce and yMarketing.  rapid data load RDS support adobe clickstream integration into yMKT. Please note that SAP acquired seeWhy sometime ago and in near future that could be integrated as a way to get the clickstream data from commerce to Marketing in much more seamless fashion(usual SAP disclaimer applies here).  

Input to yCommerce

There is a REST request to synchronize the data, i.e. the data will not be loaded into yCommerce because the system will request the data from yMarketing on the fly.   So when ever one user logs into webshop the system sends a http request to yMKT (user ID by default email) and receives a replay about campaigns user is in. hybris commerce will deliver content which was specified for this campaign.

SAPADTReco

Please read our wiki page for this https://wiki.hybris.com/display/release5/sapadtreco+Extension

Thank you

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have it worked out. I have sapadtreco running successfully and now realise the campaigns do not need to be replicated to yCommerce.

With regards to replicating yCommerce customers to yMkt there are three points:

• such replication is nice to have but not necessary. yCommerce stores very little data about the customer. Segmentation requires a richer set of attributes and makes sense only if customer data is imported from other sources as well.
  • yMkt has numerous import mechanisms; flat file, RFC, OData etc.
  • yCommerce has no nice export. (Data hub is aimed at export to ECC.) The best way to extract customers from yCommerce is to write Data Services jobs to directly interrogate the tables

Cliff

0 Kudos

Hi Cliff, Hi Bharath,

I'm working on similar Contact / Interaction and clickstream scenario. At the moment we have don't have ESP and Data hub as part of the landscape.

Could you share your experience yCommerce - yMKT integration with out Data Hub. and is it possible to import data into yMKT from yCommerce with/without middelware ?

Also, as you rightly mentioned that there are yMKT has numerous import mechanisms lilke, RFC,OData,Webservice.. Is there any matrix that gives insight usage of inbound interface in different scenarios and exceptions if any?

Thanks, Brijesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

I'm working on similar Contact / Interaction and clickstream scenario. At the moment we have don't have ESP and Data hub as part of the landscape.

Could you share your experience yCommerce - yMKT integration with out Data Hub. and is it possible to import data into yMKT from yCommerce with/without middelware ?

Also, as you rightly mentioned that there are yMKT has numerous import mechanisms lilke, RFC,OData,Webservice.. Is there any matrix that gives insight usage of inbound interface in different scenarios and exceptions if any?

Thanks, Brijesh