cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP APO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was trained in SAP ABAP. I want to know what is SAP APO?
Can anyone help me ?
Is it a separate tool ?
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP SCM (Supply Chain Management) is a separate system from ERP, which is included in SAP business suite. In SCM, it includes mainly APO ( Advanced Planning and Optimization) functionalities as well as some other business functionalities. APO is an advanced planning tool with enhanced planning methods comparing to SAP ECC system.
In most recent ECC system, some APO functionalities are also integrated.
Refer to online help SAP Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM) - SAP Library

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ada

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

Welcome to ABAP world .

I have seen lot of "Is ABAP different for APO" kind of questions. The straight forward answer is NO.

SAP has developed different systems for addressing different business challenges like SRM to handle vendors, procurement etc, CRM to handle customers, leads etc. like wise APO is a system for planning. It takes current situation of stock, orders etc from ECC, historical information from BW and estimates demand and also generates relevant information to meet this demand.

One good news is SAP is promising to combine all these separate systems in to one in future with SAP S/4 HANA.

From ABAP perspective with regards to APO, it has nothing new same old ABAP only you need to know concepts like update function modules, update debugging, queue rfc and enhancements.

I was thinking of writing a blog on APO for ABAP but thought its too late, your question re energized me for the same.

Best Regards,

Aleem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aleem . You are very clear in giving overviews of the topic. I am Happy.
Thank you again !. And all the best for your blog.