cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE for File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I was just checking out the SAPLibrary for XI and it says the File adapter supports all three QOS descriptors however in one file of TBIT-42, it says there can be only two QOS in case of File adapters. I dont know if BE is supported by File adapter, what does it mean in this case? Synchronous communication in case of Files? Does Receiver system send response in another file? Thank you.

Regards,

NAB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Well, the SENDER file adapter partially supports BE. For instance, if you set the QoS to BE on the sender channel and talk to a synchronous/BE receiver, you will not get an error in the integration server. You'll also be able to monitor the request/reply in SXMB_MONI. However, the main thing missing here is that the reply will not get sent back to the original file sender - it stops at the integration server, so that you can at least monitor the reply.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the replies. Thats what i was thinking that BE doesn't make sense in case of File adapter. But as Mr. JinShin has pointed out, its partially supported and we could check the response form monitoring wb. Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Even if you have not mentioned as BE then , if the receiver supports Sync communicaiton , i hope you can see the response message in moni , but error.

Also see in the TBIT same material for File Adapter mensioned as follows

<b>"The Quality of service is inherited from the integration server (in case of file adapter only Qos EO or EOIO make sense, since the communication cannot be synchronous"</b>

So File Adapter cannot support BE...

Regards

chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Also see in the TBIT same material for File Adapter

> mensioned as follows

>

> <b>"The Quality of service is inherited from the

> integration server (in case of file adapter only Qos

> EO or EOIO make sense, since the communication cannot

> be synchronous"</b>

>

> So File Adapter cannot support BE...

Yeah you may be right since i currently dont have an XI system to confirm this. About the TBIT material lines that you have posted are in contradiction with :

1) with "Page 6" of the same file that you are quoting these lines from

2)

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm</a>

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,

i do agree , we have a provision to select Best Effort in sender File adpater , and your link also saying that , but after that , clearly mensioned that it is spporting to select the Qos as BE , but , it was clearly inerited from IS. So it does make no sense to select BE.

if you select the BE then you will get the error in SXMB_MONI .

So it was stopped at IS level..

so as explained abov epartially sender side supports ..to select BE ..only..

I hope it is clear ..

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin,

Interesting info.

I have always wondered why this option exists for sender file adapters and now it kinda of makes some sense though i also wonder how it will be useful in real time.

Any hints when this can be used?

Regards

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Bhavesh,

I wonder if you could use custom modules after sender file adapter module if it is set to BE.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Synchronous communication comes into picture for the adapters which works in push-pull model.

Like u push the request and pull the response out... file adapter just picks it from the given directory to which it is listening .. so it doesn't nee any response.

regards,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

BE cannot be supported by File Adapter.See the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u can not use BE with File adapter,for synchenous file scenarios,u can go for BPM but still over there the QoS will be EO or EOIO

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though you can configure the File adapter to BE, you will receive an error in the Integration Server. A file cannot receive a response.

So, File Adapter really can only be used as EO or EOIO.

Regards,

Bill