Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade roles: 4.6c to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation, step by step, as to how to perform the required update for authorizations when moving from 4.6c to ECC 6.0. (SU25 steps, post maintain open authorizations

"Authorizations Made Easy" provides very good documentation for older versions, but the screens have changed fairly significantly.

We are in a position where we need to explain how do do this to a consultant (go figure). We have actually performed this upgrade on our own system several months ago, but we now have a separate system that requires upgrade, and we don't have the resources to perform the upgrade ourselves. We don't want to reinvent the wheel, having to document this ourselves. It seems that this should be available somewhere.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mary,

That is clearly explained in ADM940. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of it right now, but I can provide you with a brief to be used as a guide, just in case it helps:

<b>Upgrading Profile Generator (SU25)</b>- Migration of Report Trees

- Check the Profile Generator Activation

- Upgrade of the roles and default tables ("SU25", steps 2A-2D)

- Conversion of manually created profiles to roles if necessary ("SU25", step 6)

- If the previous version did not use PFCG (only profiles were used), new profiles can be created from scratch or the old profiles can be converted to Roles using SU25 (step 6)

- When running step 2C (Roles to be checked) of SU25, the roles affected by the upgrade (because of new tcodes, objects, etc) are highlighted; however, the changes performed in order to adapt them are not transported in step 3 (Transport the Customer Tables)

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Fernando. I know someone who attended ADM940 last month, and I have looked at the manual. It does contain some information, and it is helpful, though not highly detailed.

We found the ECC 6.0 screens significantly different than the prior release, and were hoping to find more detailed information, but this will certainly help!