cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , i am looking  to accomadate below scenario through customer consignment sales.

We supply material A to a customer on consignment Fill up and receive back Material B of same value while consignment Return, can some one help how we can configure this scenario in SD.

Best regards

sajid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales Document Type

Item

Category

Scheduling

Category

Movement

Type

KB/CF

KBN

E1

KR/CR

KRN

D0

Consignment Fill up

Go to VOV8 (T-Code) Click on Position Button and Choose CF and Copy it and Rename it ZCFZ

Save It and Exit.

Go to VOV7 (T-Code) Click on Position Button and Choose KBN and Copy it and rename it ZKBZ   Save It and Exit.

Go to VOV4 (T-Code) go to New Entries and Assign Item Category Group Save it and Exit.

Go to OVAZ (T-Code) go to New Entries and Assign Our Sales Document Type Ex; ZCFZ

Save it and Exit.

Go to VA01 (T-Code) and Create a Sales order for Consignment Fill Up.

Go to Vl01N (T-Code) and Create Delivery

Go to MMBE (T-Code) and Check Material

Note

For Consignment Fill up Its Carry only Delivery

Consignment Returns

Go to VOV8 (T-Code) Click on Position Button and Choose CORN and Copy it and Rename it ZCOZ Save It and Exit.

Go to VOV7 (T-Code) Click on Position Button and Choose KRN and Copy it and rename it ZKRN   Save It and Exit.

Go to OVAZ (T-Code) go to New Entries and Assign Our Sales Document Type Ex; ZCOZ

Save it and Exit.

Go to VA01 (T-Code) and Create a Sales order for Consignment Returns

Go to VL01N (T-Code) and Create Delivery

Go to VF01 (T-Code) and Create Invoice for Returns (RE)

Go to MMBE (T-Code) and Check Material

Note

For Consignment Returns we have to Do Return Invoice

Regards,

Susheel Aitha

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As I understand, you are thinking of consignment process for your business process from goods ownership point of view. And bit you are confuse, b'coz you are sending Material A, but in return you are getting Material B.

For your Business process, this generally terms as Subcontracting or Job work, where material ownership remains with you, but you sent Material A and receive Material B.

For further if you are looking for more information on Subcontracting/Job work, kindly search and you can come up with specific queries while configuring or running a test cycle in your system. Or you can refer SAP Help for understanding.

If my understanding is not in line with your requirement, kindly elaborate your business process.

Thanks,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP

Thank you for your quick response,yes its bit confusing even i heard this from my business user ,basically his requirement as follows.

They sell medical consumable items and they want to supply them to their customers and bill them based on the consumption thats why we use consignment process here but now the new requirement from them is some times they will take back in return which is different than what they have supplied on this consignment delivery  of same value which we may have supplied them earlier.

I agree consignment process might not work here we have to think of alternative solution as you have mentioned I will try to explore the subcontracting/job.

In nut shell this is something similar to barter system you sell something and buy back another item from the customer instead of getting cash from him.

Rgds

Sajid

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAJID,

They sell medical consumable items and they want to supply them to their customers and bill them based on the consumption

This can be purely consignment. if the material is same as material sent to them, then use consignment pickup to get the material back. And material that are sold should have Consignment process in place.

they will take back in return which is different than what they have supplied on this consignment delivery

Practically, for these you can't include them in consignment. These to material need to be handled in different business process cycles

As you are more interested in settling out this with them, then better have Credit/Debit memo in place for these other Material to be settled against your material sent to then in consignment fill-up and that are open. And you can get those material in your system through non-PO GR.

Frankly, after going through your elaborated response, I don't think Job work or Subcontracting suits your process.

Thanks,

JP