Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gateway Deployment options and configuration

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In so many of blogs i have seen writing the SAP Gateway server (Front end component), SAP Gateway Backend Server ( Backend component + ECC Business Suite). but i am always confused Backend server means it is an  ECC system. But later i have understand that by looking at the deployment options. Gateway server itself splitting into two servers as front end and back end server. But i have few questions related to Deployment option1 ( Hub Deployment with Service Development in the SAP Business Suite Back end ) and Deployment option2 (Hub deployment with Service Development in the SAP Gateway Hub).

Here is my following SAP Front End Server(Gateway)

Here is my following SAP Backend Server ( Backend Comp+ SAP ECC)

--------------------------------- Option 1

Having the GW_FND component in both servers, It means that is this called as deployment (( Hub Deployment with Service Development in the SAP Business Suite Back end ))

-----------------------------

What configurations need to be in SAP Front end server & SAP Back end Server to develop the Data Model.

When i develop the service in Back End server and try to register , I am unable to register register giving the error as System alias doesn't exist.  But i have created the system alias

If i create the system alias in back end server, do i need to create the system alias for back end server or front end server. Please clarify.

Isn this option, can i able to register the service from the SEGW transaction itself ? or Do i need to register this service by going to SAP Gateway front end server using the /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE transaction? Please clarify?

------------------------------------------------------------------ Option 2

Hub deployment with Service Development in the SAP Gateway Hub).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In case if i want to use the Front end server  Gateway hub as both Front end and back end component of Gateway server as Central hub to connect the SAP Business suite.

In this option, What are the configuration need to be done in both systems?

How to create  data model in SAP Gateway server with with the data structure exist in back end server.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru Vijay,

Since you have SAP_GWFND component in both the servers, you do not need any other component to start developing and registering OData services.

Config for option 1 & 2 (central hub) is same except two things. You can check my reply regarding steps on this thread .

This link is also very helpful

In the system alias(Hub to Backend) config, there is one checkbox 'For Local App', if this is checked that means you have developed the service on the Hub server(DPC & MPC classes are here) and using backend only for fetching the data through RFC. And if it is not checked, it means that you developed the service in the backend server(DPC & MPC classes are in the backend) and only registering on the Hub server.

In the system alias config(Backend to Hub) you need to create system alias for Local System (with RFC destination 'NONE') for Option 2. For option 1, you need to give RFC destination of Hub system where you want to register your service.

If you are developing in the backend, you can directly use the DDIC structure provided in the local system. However if you are developing in the Hub system, you need to follow the RFC approach to model.

Regards,

Ekansh

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saxena,

Really thanks the reply and information. I have few questions on your reply.

1) There is one check box 'For Local App', if this is checked that means you have developed the service on the Hub server(DPC & MPC classes are here) and using back end only for fetching the data through RFC.

Usually service will be created from the existing structure or RFC or creating the new Entity Types in Service , If we develop the service in  HUB using one of these options , still need to get the data from back end using RFC( from backend), how to integrate the Service with back end RFC ?

If you have any useful links please share it.

Also one more question. when to check the Local GW?

i really appreciate your help.

Thanks

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to integrate with backend RFC?

If you are developing the service in Hub system, you will need RFC of backend system to model your entities. Once you choose to import the model from RFC, it asks you for the destination (Local/Remote). As you complete the data modeling part and proceed for service implementation(mapping your entity with RFC), it again asks for destination. So if you provide the destination of backend, you can use the backend RFCs.

Once you click on register, it asks for system alias, provide the backend system alias(with local app checked).

When to check the local gw?

here is my answer from another thread.

Regards,
Ekansh

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Ekansh,

Thank you very much for the valid information. your information helped me to understand the some basic configurations in different landscape scenarios.

Thanks

vijay

Answers (0)