cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I customize payroll areas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following situation regarding payroll area:

Payment is done twice a month for all employees, but the first payment includes 40% of the salary that month and the second payment, the difference of 60%. Date of payment is different, depending on the group of employees:

Group I- first payment is due on the 28th of the current month and the second payment on the 10th of next month.

Group II first payment is due on the 27th of the current month and the second payment on the 11th of next month.

Please help me with advice regarding payroll areas. How should I set them?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alina,

You can have a 40% input and run monthly payroll area with payment date as 28th for one group and 27th for other group. You can use same payroll area but have a different date modifier to differentiate the payroll payment dates.

Once the regular run is done you can have master data input entry for next 60% and run correction or adjustment payment run for pay date 10th and 11th for different group.

Here for this adjustment or correction run for different pay dates can be be entered in payroll driver program itself during payroll run.

Assumption behind this is group of employees are distinguished may be by Company code, PA/PSA or some parameters that can be entered in payroll driver selection.

If not, then probably you need 2 different payroll areas with just single date modifier and follow same approach of regular run followed by correction or adjustment payment run.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.
I created two payroll areas for the 2 groups of employees.

Please tell me where can insert the percentage of 40% ?

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alina,

Please have 2 additonal separate wage types created such that for first pay area using 40% of original wage type and for 2nd pay area use 60% of original wage type.

Same thing can be done by writing custom rule in payroll schema based on your payroll areas. Ths would automate the process instead of having separate wage types created and then entered in master data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ameet

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Payroll area:

1.1 Configure 2 payroll areas for the 2 groups - as bimonthly.

1.2 Feature ABKRS, depending on the characteristics of the two groups, set the default payroll area.

2. In subschema XT00, before the basis w/t's /001, etc are calculated, call a PCR with PIT to do as below:

2.1 For both payroll areas, if the pay period is the last one in the month, set the basic pay amt for the pay period as 60%, else basic pay for month less 60%.  This is to ensure the total is correct even with rounding.

The basis w/t's will now be calculated correctly depending on the basic pay for the pay period.  Also ensure the PCR where the per period basic pay in calculated is not further changing the basic pay for the period.