Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing correct landscape for app development

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am creating a custom SAPUI5 app from SAP CRM system and deploy them into SMP 3.0 server as a native app.

Now i wanted to know what is the recommended landscape or architecture to choose from a production perspective.

Q: Shalll i deploy all the UI,Gateway, My Inbox(approval) add-ons in the CRM backend and embed this app in SMP ? Will this have performance isssue and have heavy server usage ?

OR

Two servers. Deploy UI, My Inbox addon in Front End server and Gateway enablement add-on in CRM Backend server.

Please suggest. Appreciate your help.

Regards

Prabaharan Asokan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kirankola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Asokan,

Have a dedicated SAP Gateway (Central Hub) for all you UI5 development that will channel all your OData providers in the backend systems. You can have a web dispatcher or Apache Reverse proxy in the DMZ for communicating to your SMP Cluster environment.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the help. Could you please suggest why do we need to confiure web dispatcher ? Is it mandatory for SMP 3.0 hybid apps ? Can SAP Gateway act as a web dispatcher ?

Regards

Prabaharan Asokan

kirankola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Asokan,

Not mandatory.Purpose of having web dispatcher for prod systems is to load-balance the incoming requests to various back end systems and also act as a proxy solution.

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)