cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add payment block to items in payment proposal using Z* transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the payment run process (transaction F110), after the proposal has been generated, users have the ability to double click on a vendor / customer, then double click on a line item to add a payment block manually.

My company has many vendors in their payment run, and each vendor has many line items.  For users to manually click on each account, and then each line item, can take many hours each week.

I have a requirement to create a z program which runs a report on items in the table REGUP and for proposal runs, allows the user the ability to select / highlight a range of items, then add a payment block to all of them in one hit.

We have tried a few options including:

BDC recording.  This is not allowed (when recording a BDC of me maintaining the payment proposal SAP does not allow me to drill into a line item to add a block), and would require some very complex logic.

I have seen reference to the BTE 00001820 but this is called from the payment proposal program and we want to run this as a separate task. 

We did manage to update the field REGUP-ZLSPR through our program, but the payment block was not effective and the payment run still processed the items we had blocked.

Does anyone have any experience with this functionality, or have any thoughts on how this might be made to work?

Many thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

I can understand that once payment proposal is created, open item selected can only be blocked in F110. You are right to say that creating and perfecting BDC will be take good amount of time to work specially in screen of payment proposal. Z* Program which you are thinking can/might work but you should consider that you are directly changing SAP tables. Any issue with that program or problem occurred because of data edited using that Z* program will not be supported by SAP.

In my view, you should think of minimizing selection of open item using standard 'Free selection' option at F110 or by executing FBL1N before creation of proposal and mass blocking the relevant open item (using the option provided by Vivek Srivastava).

On your Z* program you should also try removing F1100* payment document number in addition of the setting of payment block. Please find below REGUP screen shot before and after setting payment block:-

PS: You should also consider the impact on other tables REGU* (like REGUH) which also stores proposal related data.

Regards,

Anand Raichura

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

After the proposal run:

1. Determine all the documents that need to be blocked.

2. Delete the proposal.

3. Do the steps provided by Vivek Srivastava above.

4. Rerun the Proposal.

Hope this can help you.

Thanks!

Jayrold Vicencio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I appreciate that, the users would also then need to unblock all of the items that they had just blocked, ensuring that they do not unblock anything that they shouldnt.

This is a long winded way of processing the payment run and we are trying to streamline it by allowing the users to do it all in one screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same requirement to block all,did you find any solution using zprogram,please share.

Waiting for your reply.

Cheers,

Vijay.P

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

You can release payment block in mass by using FLB1N:

1. Run FBL1N for vendors
  2. Select the Line items where you want to remove Payment Bloc
  3. Click on Mass Change icon (Ctrl+Shift+f9)
  4. It will give a pop up, select "Free for Payment", execute Changes.

Hope this helps!!!

Br,Vivek