cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

staging for production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have planned staging for the production through 2 ways.

Fixed bin replenishment & release order part.

So for example if material XYZ is needed it will be called as per the maximum qty mentioned in the material master for example maximum qty is 100

then if stock goes below minimum quantity 50 it will try to fill up the bin to 100 max.

We have question if for some production order if we need to 200 qty then as in material master max qty is 100 we will not be order it to production line bin. In this case we need to correct material master quantity. Is there any another way to handle this situation like if I am ordering for release order parts then maximum quantity should not be checked from the material master & material should be allowed to store in production line bin above its capacity( Actually in this case that material will be on production floor due to ledd capacity of the Bin.)

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

staging to production line side based on the production order requirement (Mvt 319) and replenishment to fixed bin (MVT-320 preferably used in picking process for sales order or dispatch) are different process.

is there any specific business requirement to use the Replenishment to fixed bin for production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In one production line whole process from creation of production order, release of production order & confirmation is automated. In  this case we need to have material in production line bin as per control cycle.

So to have such material in production line bin we need to plan in advance. So for that I have planned fix bin replenishment,

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about using the KANBAN,

PP - Kanban - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to bypass error message for 'maximum qty exceeds by'

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the error message number also your initial thread is not related to this error hence I suggest create a new thread with clear subject line and description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I have made capacity check to blank for the storage type where I want to stage material. So I am able to stage more qty through LP12 to the bin.

Now I am trying to do replenishment through LP21 but don't find the reason as to why it is not creating transfer requirement. In the material master I have updaed maximum qty 10, minimum qty 1 but still not able to trigger replenishment through LP21.

I am selecting line  & clicking on Material Staging & saving it .

It is giving message that 'No Picking request were created.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share the detail screen by pressing the icon

also please let us know the customization setting which is maintained under

LE-----WM----Activities ----Transfers ----Define stock transfer and replenishment control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Able to generate TR afer deleting old one.

Thanks,

Kiran