cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites for Scope and Effort Analyzer

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to perform ERP6.0 EHP6 to EHP 7 Support pack update to our system.

And we need to use Scope and effort analyzer tool to analyze and understand custom code modifications that will happen after update.

Our solution manager is on 7.1 SP12.

Can someone provide what will be the prerequisites to use this.

I referred many blogs and could understand few things like Business blueprint, BPCA (business process change analysis needs to be run before running SEA.

But not able to get the whole picture and step by step approach.

Could someone please help me on this.

Regards,

srujay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The business blueprint has to first exist so that SolMan can compare and contrast how your business is running against typical standards through the various industries; which requires your functional team to put in the time to SolMan so the information exist.

After that SEA will use that as the guide and validate objects in the system that will be changed with their standard code.

0 Kudos

HI Billy,

Thanks for your response. So where do i need to create business blueprint for my managed system.Is it a part of BPCA (Business process change analyzer) which is present in solman_setup...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujay.

Business blueprint has to be available via project or solution - trasnsaction SOLAR01/SOLAR02 or SOLMAN_DIRECTORY. Try to use this program RUTILITY_BLUEPRINT_GENERATION as described in SAP Note 2061626. It will help you to create business blueprint easily and faster than properly redocumenting your company process. Just be careful when you will try to understand what it give you back.

Hope it helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujay.

First here is a document that will help you to understand the concept of SEA and also how to configure it.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

Secondly if you try to run SEA analysis there will be a simple guide to let you properly create one. Also as a prerequisites you have to use BPCA, have test cases and TBOMS assigned to you business process documentation, up and runnig custome code management and so on. Use this help site to guide you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp11/helpdata/en/f5/e56c52f01e7554e10000000a44176d/content.htm

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jan,

I could not open first link.

The second one it is helpful.

I will start with BPCA first before going ahead with SEA. Can you provide andy useful link for BPCA where it gives step by step process.

Regards,

Srujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujay.

Can you open this page?

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/SAP+Solution+Manager+WIKI+-+Test+Management

there is a lot of information about test management and you can find there helpful guides to SEA, BPCA and so on.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something to consider @srujay if you are not a functional expert with the business your company does you should get them involved or you have a chance that these tools will not provide the outcome desired.