cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replicate table with an added field with a fix value

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to replicate a table from one of our source systems to HANA using SLT.

For that replicated table, the design team asked to add filed i.e.  ZTEST (CHAR 3) and that field when the table is replicated to HANA should have a constant value i.e. ‘777’ in all records.

Before replicating the table:

• In LTRS or IUUC_REPL_CONTENT  -> Advanced Replication Settings -> Table settings
    • Add the new field ZTEST  CHAR 3  in the position i.e.  11
  • In LTRS or IUUC_REPL_CONTENT  -> Advanced Replication Settings -> Rule Assigment
    • Here I’m trying to make that every record in table has in the new field ZTEST a constant value = “777”.  I could do that through “Event Related” using an include, which is what I’m trying to avoid, because the when promoting this change across other system I would have to do a transport request for that include. I would like to use the option “Field-related” using only the “Line of Code” option to make this simpler since the request looks simplistic.

Does anyone know how to make that happen using only “Line of Code” option?   I searched for documentation on In LTRS or IUUC_REPL_CONTENT -> Advanced Replication Settings -> Table settings content, but what I found is very high level, it doesn’t go to details or samples of what these options actually offer.

Thanks,

Rod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rod,

on which SP are you working on?

I've got an SP08 in front of me - but it should be quite similar with previous SPs.

Call TA LTRS -> Rule Assignment -> New "Field-Related" Rule.

Here you should be able to insert the Line of Code you'd like to have.

E.g.

Line of Code: "E_ZTEST = '777'." (Do not forget to set the importing parameter to "dummy")

OR you are using the import parameter as well:

Import Parameter 1: '777'

Line of Code: "E_ZTEST = I_P1.

Btw. before saving the rule, you need to set the status to "released"!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We tried what you suggested and it works!

Import Parameter 1: '777'

Line of Code: "E_ZTEST = I_P1.

Thanks a bunch for the help. Much appreciated.

Rod

Answers (0)