cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Failed to sync account with directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Does anyone know why this warning is appearing when importing user accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Without understanding how you are creating the users (what options are set) and where the users credentials are stored (UME, LDAP etc) it would be unlikely we could determine why the message is appearing.  The first question I have is are the users created totally functional after the import?  I would also ask if there are any scripts on the user account class?

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

We are using LDAP and the users created are totally functional after the import. This warning appeared only once for only one user.

However, we detected in our logs a lot of error messages related to one user account script for USER LOAD (and lock of certain fields inside the account). Thanks to your comment we think that this could potentially be the issue.

If there is anyone you would like to add regarding this, please, feel free.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

Today we got the same warning but the user account was not created. Do you know any reason why this happened?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Laura

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

Please share the stack trace from the log file. It will help identify the exact issue.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

I am not able to find the log file to provide you the stack trace. I think that nothing was registered. I will keep looking just in case.

Regards,

Laura

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try switching log mode to "Debug" and replicate the issue.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

Unfortunately I cannot do that. This is happening in PROD system. The customer places the files in a server and the background task is uploading them. I don't have even the file to give it a try in DEV or Q.

Regards,

Laura

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

Go to Setup -> Import Data and find the failed import. Then download the file from the highlighted location below. This file will be exactly the import file + additional error messages for each record.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

That file only contains the error message for that specific record:

Laura

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, interesting, I remember it showing all records; maybe it also depends on Sourcing version.

But anyway you also have the original details of the failed record below your highlighted error. Try to reproduce in your DEV sys with these details.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the issue. They were trying to create a user account as INACTIVE.

Regards,

Laura

Answers (0)