cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql 1105 too complicated SQL statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

I am analysing a dump in our Solution Manager Server. It has Maxdb 7.6.0 build 35 under Solaris 10.

The dump says that the database returned too complicated Sql Statement.

I saw the log in SAP (sm21) and saw sql error 1105.

I went to maxdb documentation and in it says to increase packet_size , but the databse already has the maximum allowed 131072.

After that I looked in SAP notes and found note 1001257 that says to turn on the database parameter USEVARIABLEINPUT = YES , but you need certain patch lvls of the database. In sap download place , I could not find the patch lvl indicated neither in Maxdb site, so I tried to turn on this parameter anyway to see if this solves the issue, but the application server could not start after this setting, so I turn it off again , wanted to know if someone could tell where to get this updates from and if im updating the database should I also update SAP kernel ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

to turn on the database parameter USEVARIABLEINPUT:

USEVARIABLEINPUT = YES

you should have atleast Database Version 7.6.00.36 or higher and your DB version is Maxdb 7.6.0 build 35. You have to upgrade it to atlest build 36 which you can download service.sap.com/swdc --> download --> Database Patches (from other vendors) --> MaxDB and SAP DB --> select your version --> and follow the screens.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Answers (0)