cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Login failed" error while trying to connect "SAP Customer Briefing" mobile app to SMP 3.0 SP06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect the SAP Customer Briefing Mobile app from my android device (Nexus 7; Kitkat 4.4.4)  to SMP 3.0 SP06 but I'm getting the "Login failed" error. Unable to debug the mobile app too using chrome's inspect feature, hence not able to zero in on the error.

The steps taken to connect are as follows:-

1. Downloaded SAP Customer Briefing Mobile App from Play Store
  2. Created an application in SMP 3.0 with the below details:-
  3. Back-end system pinged successfully
  4. Details being entered in the applications login screen:-
    • Server Address:-
    • Login Credentials
    • Username: <CRM login id>
    • Password: <CRM password>
  5. Further Login details (refer screenshot below):-

• SUP User Name:- <Can we leave this blank here?>
    • SUP Activation code:- <Can we leave this blank here?>
    • Port: 8080
    • Company ID :- < Do we add the Application ID created in SMP 3.0 here?>
    • Security Config:- < Do we add the Security profile created in SMP 3.0 here? >

Not sure where the error lies.

Please advice.

Regards,
Aaron D'C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Did you check if SAP Customer Briefing Mobile app can be run on SMP3.0 ?  By looking at the login screen, it is asking for the details that we used to have in case of SUP 2.2.x and SMP 2.3

Fyi: You should check INTERNAL option only if backend URL has been exposed via SMP hostname and port. You might have seen exposing OData services exposed via Integration Gateway, those services have same host and port as SMP3 server and hence INTERNAL option has to be selected in that case. In your case, looks like it has been exposed via SAP system, so you have to uncheck INTERNAL option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Regarding your first question...You are correct. I too had the same doubt. Hence, we have already raised a OSS for the same.

Regarding your second point...

The OData service has been exposed via CRM here.Please correct me if I'm wrong as my understanding was that...

1. If I am accessing the Internet via a proxy only then I need to choose "Use System Proxy"  and  select "Technical User" with username/password <same credentials used to access the OData service>
  2. In this case, I have used "Internal" since I'm accessing the internet directly without any proxy
  3. Finally, under security profile, I choose "HTTPS/HTTPS Authentication"; Control flag - Required; URL - OData service

These are the steps that we usually undertake for such scenarios.

Regards,
Aaron D'C

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. If I am accessing the Internet via a proxy only then I need to choose "Use System Proxy"  and  select "Technical User" with username/password <same credentials used to access the OData service>

You have to select this option only if you are accessing Endpoint URL via proxy settings. Sometime there might be a back-end system that need to accessed remotely (outside network) via proxy..

To use "System proxy" option you have to set proxy settings in SMP system properties (Admin cokpit >SETTINGS>SYSTEM

1. In this case, I have used "Internal" since I'm accessing the internet directly without any proxy

You can use this option iff you have created a service in SMP. If you define an endpoint URL as INTERNAL, host name and port of the URL are ignored, and incoming requests are forwarded to internal services in-process, without another HTTP call to localhost. An example of an internal service is Integration Gateway.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. That's correct.