Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG Error Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is with reference to the PFCG Error message "Text Maintenance possible only in original Language DE of the role "

We are working as SAP BASIS admins for a large multinational Automotive Manufacturing client .Every 3 months we have at least 1 Go- Live so we have to create new roles for the users and make changes in Organization levels

<b>Issue:</b> Any changes made to role in trnx PFCG should be documented in the description field.For some of the roles we are not able to enter any text under the description tab .With this we are losing out on the version control as part of role configuration management.

Please give us solutions as to how we can get rid of this error.

SAP ECC 6.20

Latest Support Package imported SAPKB62055

Thanks & Regards

Vishal S Padiyar

SAP Basis Administrator

Infosys Technologies Limited,

Bangalore

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

please have a look at Note 854311. It describes a problem with role languages. With your SP level it should be resolved though.

Apart from that - as far as I know each role does have an original language assigned and you can only maintain text in that original language. So either you change the original language with the report described in/attached to the above Note or you have to logon in German to change the text.

Please reward points if you find this useful.

Kind regards

Petra

0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

We have tried logging in original; langoage of the role that is German DE but to no effect.Even there we get the same error message.

Thanks

Vishal Padiyar

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I just looked at my old notes regarding that problem and we had the same issue (despite implementing the Note some roles still couldn't be changed). We have resolved it by importing the report from the above mentioned note and changing the original language (to e.g. EN). Afterwards it worked.

Kind regards

Petra

0 Kudos

Hello Petra,

I have looked at the note 854311 and also seen the report .The report is not applicable for the current version of our SAP r/3 system.Please suggest some other solutions if possible.

We have SAP r/3 4.7C

Regards

Vishal S Padiyar

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem might be if you happen to copy the roles from SAP Standard roles which were initially maintained in DE so it wont allow you for the copied role too.

See if this role has been copied from a SAP standard roles.

regards,

manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Check if you have access to object S_TRANSLAT.

The error message could possibly be due to the missing authorization.

Rgds,

Vijaya

**Reward points if problem is solved

0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

How are you?Hows the new job going??hope it would be great.didn't get much to interact much when you were here.

I have checked my profile and have access to S_TRANSLAT object via a production support role .So no reward points to you

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following:

1. PFCG - Modify the role

2. Goto Menu tab

3. Target system - Make sure there is no other entries like some other RFC destination or other clients. Make it blank.

4. Save the role.

5. Modify again in PFCG. Check whether you are able to enter text.

Cheers!!

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one more possibility that the roles have been translated. In that case, use the following approach.

1. SE63

2. Goto Translation ->R3 Enterprise->Other long texts

3. RO- Role descriptions

4. Object name - Enter 3 --- and then the role name

5. Source language DE or EN - Target language EN or DE

6. Edit

You can maintain texts for the role changes.

Hope this helps.

Give me credit points if this helped.

Thanks

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry pl ignore

Message was edited by:

Manas Pattnaik