SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert uncashed checks from legacy in SAP to perform escheatment in SAP

prchoudhary
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in my current project which requires us to perform escheatment in FICA. I have not worked on escheatment process before and the only helpful material I could find was mentioned on help.sap. The link to same is mentioned below:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/6c/61ba1132ae4159a247086948548c56/frameset.htm

Need your help to understand how can we convert uncashed checks from legacy to SAP so that we can perform escheatment in SAP.

Also the only information which I found can be stored in SAP related to receiver code is

• The start of the check escheatment process (issue date of check + number of days)
  • The date of the check escheatment (issue date of check + number of days)
  • The receiver of the check escheatment as a combination of business partner and contract account (of the U.S. state to which escheatment is made) or a G/L account
  • Whether checks are escheated dependent on the amount of the check

Please let me know if we can go escheatment reporting directly from SAP or can store any other information related to escheated state in SAP.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Preeti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Before migrating the Check numbers in SAP from legacy, I would like to know the status of the associated payment documents; whether they have been migrated already in SAP or they are still in legacy System.

Option-I- If only check number are to be migrated then you can develop a batch input session (SM35) for the transaction FPCHN and use it in a custom program /LSMW to migrate the check numbers in SAP. Please remember to associate the corresponding payment doc along with the date of issue and Business partner during the migration.

Option-II- If both the payment doc as well as Check number has to be migrated, then firstly the payment document have to be migrated. It will be the same as migrating the GL balances with a separate GL a/c  to load each item into the clearing account.

Once the activity is done, you can use the approach mentioned in Option-I to migrate the check numbers in SAP.

Once the above activity is done, you can use the following transactions-

FPCHESCH_START- To select the checks that needs to escheated and update information.

FPCHESCH_ESCH- To void the check and post a credit item to the State Govt. Contract account as configured.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I don't think there is an EMIGALL object for migrating uncashed checks from legacy to SAP.

You can process(escheat) them in legacy and later post the credits on the contract account and issue the check to local governing body.

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

thanks Vikram.

Do we have any other option?

Any input will be helpful.

thanks & Regards,

Preeti

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to the option 2 what amlan said , you can try by -

First migrate the payment document(example doc no 88888) and then you need to migrate the outgoing payment document(doc no 9999) which will be the clearing document.

Later through FPCHN create check by referencing it to the payment document 88888, it might work.

Thanks,

Vikram

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Before migrating the Check numbers in SAP from legacy, I would like to know the status of the associated payment documents; whether they have been migrated already in SAP or they are still in legacy System.

Option-I- If only check number are to be migrated then you can develop a batch input session (SM35) for the transaction FPCHN and use it in a custom program /LSMW to migrate the check numbers in SAP. Please remember to associate the corresponding payment doc along with the date of issue and Business partner during the migration.

Option-II- If both the payment doc as well as Check number has to be migrated, then firstly the payment document have to be migrated. It will be the same as migrating the GL balances with a separate GL a/c  to load each item into the clearing account.

Once the activity is done, you can use the approach mentioned in Option-I to migrate the check numbers in SAP.

Once the above activity is done, you can use the following transactions-

FPCHESCH_START- To select the checks that needs to escheated and update information.

FPCHESCH_ESCH- To void the check and post a credit item to the State Govt. Contract account as configured.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan