cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure SAP ABAP system to use X509 Certificate using SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to Configure SAP ABAP system to use X509 Certificate using SAP GUI.

I have configured SAP abap system to use X509 Certificate using Web gui.

How to configure the same using SAP Gui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanket,

up to your release, find at help.sap.com, the requested informations here (for 7.4):

User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SAP Library

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

Former Member
0 Kudos

The information mention in that doc is related to sap sso configuration on AS Abap.I configure AS ABAP to use X509 Certificate. After configuration server has no issue and is up and running.

But i am getting error when i am activating sap SNC in SAP Gui.

As per the error i have to setup  snc_lib at pc where sap gui is installed.

Detail of error :

former_member416691
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is your issue solved. I read you have to install some security product which helps computer and AS ABAP to communicate?

If it works for you, let me know you made sso to work without installing anything for sapgui using x509 certificate. I know for browser just x509 cert in the computer is sufficient.

User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SAP Library

Prerequisites

•   To enable SAP GUI SSO with client certificates, users must possess valid client certificates. SAP GUI users can receive client certificates from an established Public-Key Infrastructure. 
  •   The SAP GUI client computers and the AS ABAP systems must use SAP Single Sign-On or an external security product that enables the creation of a Personal Security Environment (PSE). The use of an external security product is enabled by Secure Network Communications (SNC).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230159
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Please see this link, you will get detail steps for configuring:

Client Certificate Logon for SAP GUI - User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SAP Library

Regards

former_member416691
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Manjunath, but still I am not clear. If the user has x509 certificate in their computer, for sapgui to use x509 certificate for sso, is there anything that needs to be installed.

The link you sent too has mentioned about some product. So is some product needed for sapgui sso using x509 cert?

Client Certificate Logon for SAP GUI - User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SAP Library

To use SNC for authentication, the product you use must be certified by the SAP Partner Program. For more information, see Secure Network Communications (SNC).