Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 flavors into SAP GUI

pierosilve
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

with Personas 3.0 we can create and edit flavors from WEBGUI/Browser.

But what about flavors rendering?

Customer's users have to access and use screen personalizations through WEBGUI or they can use these screens also into the SAPGUI?

I see that in the SAPGUI we have a new icon for Personas ('P') that allows me to see the flavors available for the screen, and selecting one of these flavor I can render it inside the SAPGUI: does it mean that I can use personalizations of screen directly inside the SAPGUI and not only through WEBGUI?

This is a critical point for many customers who don't want to access personalized screens via web.

Thanks and Regards

Piero

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct. Flavours must still be developed via the webgui, but they can be used also in the Windows and Java SAPguis - you need SAPgui 7.40 for this. Personas support in the native guis is a little behind support in webgui, so don't expect everything to work. I'd go so far as to say the latest patch - SAPgui 7.40 pl3 - is that first that has even basic usable support. For anything beyond hiding a few fields I'd want to wait until pl4 (due in October?).

I agree, this opens up a lot of new opportunities for using Personas in situations where switching to webgui isn't practical.

Steve.

Answers (0)