Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Object DDLS cannot be assigned to package

former_member186444
Participant

I've just got my hands on a HANA system for the first time this morning. I'm trying to create a CDS view but I keep getting the following message:

"SAP object DDLS .... cannot be assigned to package ....."

It doesn't give me any further information so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,
can you give me a bit more context? Maybe the full error message (maybe even the TRMSG infos). I suspect that you try to create a DDLS (DDL Source, i.e. a CDS View) in the SAP Namespace in a Customer Package?? But it's just a poor(wo)mans guess :-).
Cheers,
  Jasmin

3 REPLIES 3

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,
can you give me a bit more context? Maybe the full error message (maybe even the TRMSG infos). I suspect that you try to create a DDLS (DDL Source, i.e. a CDS View) in the SAP Namespace in a Customer Package?? But it's just a poor(wo)mans guess :-).
Cheers,
  Jasmin

0 Kudos

Hi Jasmin,

after a quick look on your openSAP course, I managed to create it this time. I have no idea what I did different!

One thing though - I noticed that I get different results when I right-click on the system (A) and create it to right-clicking on the package (B) to create it.

A)

namespace my_sample_namespace;

@schema: 'MY_SAMPLE_SCHEMA'

context ZDDLS_CDS_FLIGHTS_MC' {

};

B)

@AbapCatalog.sqlViewName: 'sql_view_name'

@EnduserText.label: 'zmctest'

define view Zmctest as select from data_source_name {

}

thanks,

Malcolm.

edna_teich
Explorer

Hi Malcolm,

I got this message when I tried to create an object that did not start with Z or Y.

... I know it's been some years since you asked this question but as I ran into the same it might be worth mentioning it here. 🙂

Best,
Edna