cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reult Recording Status reset to 1

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client's requirement is that after result recording he wants to rest the status back to 1.

Actually he wants to leave blank the result recording for a mic as standard sap doesnt allow (we have to put 0 if we want to delete some result)

I am looking for some user exists like QEEM0006. Please let me know if anyone has came accross such requirement.

Regards/Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Revoking the status to 1 is not possible. You should keep it blank at the first place and maintain the MICs as Long term characteristics.

You must know once you enter the results, status gets change to either 3 or 5 and thus status of inspection lot also changes to INSP from REL. What if (somehow) you could manage to change the MIC status back to 1 but not the system status? You should consider all the integrated consequences also.

Now coming to your statement,

My client's requirement is that after result recording he wants to rest the status back to 1.

Actually he wants to leave blank the result recording for a mic

What does user exactly look for ?

• Status 1 after the result recording (Status 1 isn't possible)?
  • Or, Keep the MIC field blank (Status 1 is maintained automatically) ??

If he wants to keep it blank, tell them not to enter the results at first place. But that raise another question! If the result is not required, then why MIC is there in the task list ??

And if he's looking for status 1 even after entering the result, then ask him to explain the exact reason for that so that some other solution can be explored.

But it also nullify your second statement where you said about keeping the field blank.

Actually he wants to leave blank the result recording for a mic

ntn

0 Kudos

Hi Anand and Nitin,

Thanks for your valuable time.

First i am coming to Anand's reply:

Anand it's a case of single recording, i already had a thought of using Attribute(Invalid) as you mentioned. But we have made result recording program customized as per clients requirement and have not taken Attribute field there( As there was not requirement during implementation phase). But We are using all standard QE01 functions with some enhacements.

For Nitin

Nitin as you have asked for exact requiremnt, so i am explainging:

In a plan there are several operations, performed by different departments.

Department one do results recording for first operation, but mistakenly he records results for second operation. Now as valuation is done by seprate person other than recording. He identifies the mistake and wants to delete the result for wrong enterd values in second operation, but he has to keep some 0,00 value there as it cant be blank. Problem is the other department confueses as they may have some characteristics results as "Zero"

I know status can not be pushed back to "1"

Also i ahve a huge master data so cant go to Authorization concept on operation level as i need to assign workcentres for all operations in the plan.

Just for exploring the possibilites of solution i have raised the thread.

Once again thanks you both Anand an Nitin, i will appriciate your more thoughts on this..

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fair enough! I understand it now.

I would therefore suggest you to go with Anand's suggestion and use Attribute field. Its fine if you didn't add this field before but now you can add this to your customised program.

Once this is available for use, Operation 1 user can mark the value as 'Inactive' and thus operation 2 user can refer this value and make the further correct entries. This would also get rid of the confusion where value can be zero. So no need to enter zero but mark the whatever value is there as Inactive.

Since you already have customised a lot of things and doesn't want to go with authorisation objects, I don't think there would be more scope for different solution.

What you can do now is run a test case with above solution and in the mean time, you can also wait for more expert comments. Whatever strikes first, you can adopt that. Don't forget to close this thread once the things are set fine.

ntn

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge you can not set the status back to 1 once the MIC is processed. However you can delete the value entered (provided UD is not given). To keep that blank you should also delete the value in the inspected column adjacent to it. But remember the status in this case would still be 2 and not 1. Whether status 2 is not acceptable if it allows blank value?

Question is, whether your client wants this status to be set to 1, to rectify the earlier fed results? or he does not have a value to be entered right-now and wishes to record in the future? If later is the case then you can explore long term inspection characteristics.

I doubt whether exit QEEM0006 can be helpful here! While reading its help notes I noticed that with this function module you can trigger additional functions depending on the valuation of one or all of the inspection characteristics

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for you reply.

I am aware in standard SAP its not possible to reset status back to 1.

But as you mentioned To keep that blank you should also delete the value in the inspected column adjacent to it.   So as per my knowledge inspected is no. of units inspected and we can not delete this value either original value once we have recorded result and saved as these fields turns grey.

Also your second question  whether your client wants this status to be set to 1, to rectify the earlier fed results

So that i can check with client but i think it will ok if even if we can keep result recording field empty (No even zero).

Thanks,

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit, Sorry, I should have been more specific! The field remains in edited mode if you are using summarized result recording. Refer to below image. Visual Inspection is single result recording while Colours Visual is the MIC with Summarized ticked in to control indicators.

You are right if you are dealing with single result recording. There is still an alternative however! You can make reading as invalid by choosing Invalid as attribute. Refer to above image where I have set Invalid for first reading. As a result  - this first reading will not be treated as valid and system adds one more field for entering additional valid reading. And inspected column is set to Zero.

Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Anand,

Just a quick question. What happens if the result is made Invalid and second result is entered. What happens to QAMR ? I'm sorry I don't have a system to test rightnow

Nitin

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Status can't be reset to 1 to which everyone agrees here, I guess! I was exploring some alternatives to these kind of issues. And found that for summarized MICs the user can delete the earlier fed results and keep the field blank. QAMR contains the entries for both summarized and single results MICs but at overall valuation and overall status only. So I don't think user will mark reading as invalid for summarized MICs when he can change it or leave it blank even after earlier entry.

If we now go to QASE for single results, the field ATTRIBUT gets filled with value / which indicates that the reading is invalid. Similarly as I check with BAPI_INSPCHAR_GETRESULT, it also gives the same results. The reading marked with attribute / is considered as invalid. I also noticed that the system calculates mean value only from valid single results. It does not consider invalid reading. The purpose of providing this attribute column must the same as user can not leave earlier recorded field as blank in case of single result recording. Logically it sounds correct to me!

Share your thoughts as well if you get something different. That will add some value to our repository!

Thanks,

Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for this explanation.

I understand that system will not consider the invalid entries & consider only the valid ones to calculate the average value. As soon as you mark an entry as invalid, system provides another field to make valid entry and this can be repeated, correct?

Well I need to run a test case before I can give any input over this, but unavailability of the system might delay the results. Can't do anything about that

But I still don't understand the concept behind deleting the results. As you said, we can manipulate this by using the 'Attribute' for Single result MICs but I believe this wouldn't help if the MICs are maintained for Summarised

Anyway, you actually threw light over a whole new concept for me and I'll get back over this as soon as I run a test case over this.

ntn

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right Nitin! For summarized result recording these attribute fields do not play significant role as overall valuation can't be invalid but individual readings could be! Thus this suits more to single result recordings. And that is why for summarized MICs you can delete the earlier result making number if inspected field blank. This is what I have observed.

@ Rohit - It is ok if you have not incorporated this field in your BDC program. But this solution does not demand for doing so, as your user might not be aware if the reading is invalid at the time of first time entry. And if he is aware of this why would he enter the invalid reading there? Hence according to me, whatever approach suits to you (deleting the results and keeping it blank or with zero value) needs to be addressed outside this BDC program. For this you can develop new program as well.

Thanks Nitin for your participation also. This really made me to scratch my brain and we could explore few things

Thanks Rohit for putting such interesting scenario! Good Luck!

Regards,

Anand