cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure IIS and WS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

In the development of the client program in PB, when I create my DW based on a WS system you ask me the path to find the WS and I write 'http: //localhost/*.*' (IIS is on the local machine).

How do I replace the localhost when I'm by the customer? Every customer has a different IIS.

Ty

GMY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set a wsconnection to your datawindow during runtime.

SyBooks Online (Archive)Using a Web service data source

int ii_return

wsconnection ws_1

ws_1 = create wsconnection

ws_1.username = "johndoe"

ws_1.password = "mypassword"

ws_1.endpoint = "myendpoint"

ws_1.authenticationmode = "basic"

ws_1.usewindowsintegratedauthentication = true

ii_return = dw_1.setwsobject (ws_1)

hth

Arnd

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done !

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not very clear.

I have to change the reference to IIS in every customer installation because IIS is situated Local LAN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the customer URL in the registry or an .ini file and pull the value from one of those places to use when setting endpoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gimmy;

If you are using my STD frameworks (which I believe you are) - I can easily create a DC/DS Base class for a WS DWO that does this automatically for you. This would be applicable to both the Integrated and Web Service frameworks as either one can support a WS DWO today.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Chris i'm using it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland .

Is quite simple to store the information.

I don't understand why i have to give to it that information.

In your example:

- Why i have to give it the user name and the password ? In developer mode i don't give uid and password. Why in EXE i have to give it ?

- if i set usewindowsintegratedauthentication = true i don't have to set user name and password. Correct ?

- In your example dw_1 is the dataobject with the datawindows linked to the WS ?

Ty

GMY

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK ... I just created two new Abstract classes .... "vs_dc_webservice_master" and "ns_ds_webservice_master" in both frameworks. You will see these in the new Integrated framework coming out this week.  

I still need to work out the logic - but, will give you a special newer version of the frameworks soon that works with WS DWO's inside and utilizes the both frameworks standard INI files to drive the WS DW end points (aka resolve "localhost" to something else).   

Former Member
0 Kudos

It wasn't my example and I really have no experience with WS so I can't say for sure.

My guess is that windows integrated authentication will only work when IIS is running on a computer with logged in network user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

Thanks for Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

1K thanks Chris.

How would I do without you!

If you were a young blonde I'd ask you to marry me ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't forget a small example/help file/tuttorial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ... Flattery will get you everywhere - LOL! 

(unless you are in Canada - then a Tim's coffee & some donuts would go further ....

NEW Canadian Back Bacon Breakfast Sandwich at Tims | Tim Hortons    )

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gimmy,

it's an example code from the powerbuilder manuals and gives you a brief overview what settings can be done. It's like the transaction object.

The PowerBuilder Help gives more Information about the WSConnection Object and the Datawindow's SetWSObject () Method.

hth

Arnd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gimmy;

In addition to Arnd's  ws_1.endpoint = "myendpoint"  great tip ... you can also set the WS DW endpoint in in Appeon Web or Appeon Mobile using the AEM (Appeon Enterprise Manager) console, as follows:

Regards ... Chris