Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import DC project

todd_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to export my WebDynpro project from the NWDS so that I can move it to a different PC. It was created as a DC project. When I export to the file system and import it on the new PC, the DC metadata node does not exist in the new environment. Is there a special method required to export a DC project? Is it the fact that I am exporting to the file system?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

Was this DC a Local Development Component ?

If yes, go to the folder .dtc in your directory , copy that to your new system under the same folder. This(".dtc") directory usually exists in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\ folder

Start NWDS

Use Import DC from menu File->Import and choose the tab Local Development, you will find your DC there.

This works for me in NWDS 2.0.16

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

todd_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to all that replied.

Subramanian's suggestion was the one I used in SP19, had to re-start NWDS to get it to show in the WebDynpro perspective.

Points for everyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd,

Glad to know that this answered your query. Please mark the thread as answered. This way we all know ,while searching for this issue to look into this thread , as this will have the solved status(blue star).

Thank you for the points too.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

After importing the DC project, If u close the editor and open it again, all Local Dcs will be listed. Otherwise, go to DC perspective and in LocalDCs explorer, press on Refresh button provided at its top left corner

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

These will help you,

Regards,

Ram.

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

cant you create DC from goin into DC perspective, so you will take project directly from DTR

regards