cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I came across one scenario like, current shop-floor practice for generating sample is based on AQL level 1.0, 4.0 and sample size varies for inspection in addition they are generating live SPC charts. I can map this process in SAP by taking sampling procedure as Fixed sample for SPC, but it's against the requirement. how to call control chart using sampling procedure with sampling scheme.

Please help for this..

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I saw your question hasn't gotten any responses yet.

Have you tried using "300 - Variable inspection s-Method..?

By definition, I don't think you are supposed to use SPC with AQL.  That seems like it wouldn't make sense to me.  But I'm not a quality control statistician either.  But usually when SAP disallows certain combinations, there is a reason behind it.  It's not arbitrary.

I'll ask  Martin Hinderer to chime in on this.  He may be able to explain it waaaayyyyy more intelligently then I could!

Craig

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would backup that statement. The intention of both concepts are totally different:

Quality control charts are used in a closed quality loop for inprocess control, while

AQL is used for acceptance criteria definition during receiving inspection, intermediate checking or final inspection

I can only assume but the situation described in the post might be that they are using SPC and control charts for inprocess control, and use AQL for checking the results manufactured by the process.

Regards

MH