cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit 'Modified By' field from MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope this message finds you well. Coming to my query.

We have developed portal application on MDM repository in web dynpro java. In which there are two fields which are automatically filled (not editable) based on the user id. PFB

In our case, these fields are populated in two ways. 1) user id (the one who create/edit the record) 2) WebService user id which was assigned to web services in NWA.

Sometimes the record is automatically updated with the use of web services, in that case 'Mofified By' field is populated with web service user id.

Can you please help me on how to manipulate this field so that the field is populated with whatever i assign? Is it possible dynamically?

And how does the automatic population works? By using logon id? Can anyone explain me how it works?

Please let me know if you do not understand the query. Any help will be highly appreciable?

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i don't think you can edit those basic fields by your self. You could either let the webservice forward the ticket so that the logged on user is set or you could just create a custome field "modified by" where you could pass a string (e.g. UserId).

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time Tobias. It was really helpful.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are these fields not under your control????  what's the data type for the fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i do not have access to these fields. They are of type 'User Stamp'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Can you elaborate on the part 'let the webservice forward the ticket so that the logged on user is set'?

If the standard web service forward the ticket, will the logged on user be automatically set? How is it done?

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes,

when you generate the ws, there is an option to accept logon ticket. you have to tick that checkbox

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, as Jun mentioned you can set this on design time generation of the service. Take a look at this -->Defining Security Settings - SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management (MDM) 7.1 - SAP Library

Hope this helps,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both.. One more question.

What if the webservice were used in BPM worlflow? It requires no users, right? Then in that case what would happen?

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the SAP_BPM_Service user would trigger that but i don't think this user will have permissions on your MDM Repository so it probably would lead to an exception.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are u using the ws generated by mdm ws generator?

how can it require no user? you want to populate the correct user,  and you don't ask for user account to run the ws, you are making your life hard......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say this application is for privileged client. We do not want to ask them to provide account credentials for every WS that we use. Except for SSO. So that they will concentrate on what-needs-to-be-done rather than providing credentials for WSs.

We created a user in portal (say Web_Service) as well as in MDM repository, and we configure this for every web service in NWA as a custom value.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then what is your what-needs-to-be-done?

Answers (0)