Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Webi from CMC - Excel data access error IES 10872

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Hope you can provide some insight here.

I have deployment of SAP BI 4.1 SP5 on Windows 2012. We configured SSO through a service account.

We have a particular Webi report with data source configured as an Excel file on a network share.

When I run the report from Rich Client , the report runs with no problems.

However, when I run the report from CMC ->View I get below error:

Could this be due to my SIA running under service account which does not have access permissions to this share ?

If this is the cause, is this just the matter of adding my service account to the AD group that have permissions to this share ?

Which access permissions on the shared folder and its files is then required here.

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Davor,

Please check the SAP Note: 1999646  - When attempting to change Excel data provider for a migrated Web Intelligence document, a...

This issue is fixed in  BI4.1 Patch3.2, BI4.1 Patch 4.1 and  BI 4.1 SP05 .

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shailu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailu,

Thanks for your input here.

I've read the attached note. It states:

"This issue is fixed in  BI4.1 Patch3.2, BI4.1 Patch 4.1 and  BI 4.1 SP05"

The problem is that I am already on BI 4.1 SP5. So this has supposedly been fixed, but it looks like it hasn't been.

Does this mean that I need to re-create my report with re-pointing to the UNC ?

Is there some workaround to this issue as per note it sounds like this is a known defect ?

Could it be due to my service account not having access permission to that share ?

Regards,

Davor

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Davor,

it could be that your service account not having access permission to the share. Could you please try to provide read & write access and try?

one more: does your workflow is similar to the workflow mentioned in the note? refer to steps to reproduce section from the note.

Thanks,

Shailu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailu,

I don't have this problem when I run the report from Rich Client.

It's only when I run the report from CMC / BI Launchpad.

I would like testing this with service account with granted access permissions to  the share.

I guess my service account to try with is the one under which my SIA is running ?

Is this correct ?

Many thanks.

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes please.

Thanks,

Shailu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailu,

Thanks for your help so far.

Our test was not successful. We had RW permissions to the share but we still got the same error in BI Launchpad.

Could it be that BI Launchpad runs under different account from our service account under which the SIA runs ?

How do we verify under which account BI Launchpad runs ?

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

lets keep it simple ... could you please copy the excel file from the share to local and try?

Thanks,

Shailu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Shailu,

We've fixed the problem . I believe we've fixed by granting Top Level permissions to particular AD group to : Folders, Universes and Connections.

Many thanks for your help.

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

nice to hear that Davor !!

its permission issues within AD then.

Cheers,

Shailu.

Answers (0)