cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in system copy phase "Run ABAP Reports"

0 Kudos

During a system copy we have encountered an error which isn't well documented.  We found one note (1918073) but that does not apply to our system.  The error we are getting is during the central instance installation in phase "Run ABAP Reports":

syntax error in program "SAPLSTFI" is
due to "Type "TPLOGINFO" is unknown

Does anyone have any ideas about this error?  I can logon to the ABAP stack and can see the error in the program if I do a syntax check in SE38.

Does anyone have any information on what phase "Run ABAP Reports" does?  What would happen if I skipped the phase?

Kind regards,

Keith Webb.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

In step runRADDBDIF, the installer logs to the SAP system with user 000-DDIC and runs the RADDBDIF report, which is called after the import ABAP has already finished  and is responsible for creating database-specific objects (tables, views, indexes). So this step should NOT be skipped I believe.

Can you please check the version of the program and see how it got changed? Get an OSS message in parallel.

Thanks,

Mofizur

0 Kudos

Hi Mofizur,

You have given me some things to look at thanks.

We do have a SAP incident logged.

This program seems to have only one version and also seems to be some sort of system generated program.  The version date is also quite recent which is really strange.  This program is also not able to be changed by the customer and since it seems to affect the running of other programs I personally wouldn't want to change it.  I get the same error if I try to run RADDBDIF manually.

Version Information:

Versions: Report Source Code SAPLSTFI

Version Cat Fla SAP Rel. Arch Request    Project    Date       Time     Author

Version(s) in the development database:

activ          X  700                             23.01.2015 09:54:06 SAP

There are no versions in the version database.

Thanks for you input.

Kind regards,

Keith Webb.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you rum the same syntax check on the source system? Do you have the same problems on source system? What is the patch level of SAP_BASIS component?

0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Yes we have the same issue on Dev. and Prod (the source).

The SAP_BASIS component is Version 7.00 SP 22,  that is, the version is quite old.

My suspicion is that someone has turned on CTS functionality on the Central CTS server (Solution Manager) without installing the prerequisite plug-in.

The investigation continues 🙂

Thanks everyone for your input.

Kind regards,

Keith Webb.

0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

The syntax error in program "SAPLSTFI" is due to "Type "TPLOGINFO" is unknown". This matches with the description in note 1918073.

This note cannot be implemented by Snote, as it asked to import CTSPLUG 2.0 SP9 to solve the issue. Please try this and check whether the dumps happens again.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

We have seen note 1918073.  Unfortunately this is the only reference to the error that we can find.  We are not using CTSPLUG add-on  on any of our systems and do not wish to introduce it into our SAP environment.

Kind regards,

Keith Webb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

Please share error screenhot...

Regards

S.Basis

0 Kudos

The Error is as follows:

An error occurred while processing option SAP Business Suite 2005 > SAP CRM 5.0 Support Release 3 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL Server > Target System Installation > Distributed System > Based on AS ABAP and AS Java > Central Instance ( Last error reported by the step: Unable to call function. Error message: Syntax error in program SAPLSTFI .). You can now:
Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.
Stop the option and be able to continue later.
Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2005/CRM50SR3/LM/COPY/MSS/SYSTEM/DISTRIBUTED/AS/CI.

From sapinst_dev.log we see:

TRACE     
Function setMessageIdOfExceptionMessage: modlib.jslib.caughtException

ERROR      2015-06-04 15:55:22.638
           CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()
MUT-03025  Caught ERfcExcept in module call: Syntax error in program SAPLSTFI.

TRACE      2015-06-04 15:55:22.638 [jsextension.hpp:1070]
           CallFunctionBase::call()
Member function 'Installer.invokeModuleCall() has thrown unknown exception. Rethrowing.

ERROR      2015-06-04 15:55:22.669 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:896]
FCO-00011  The step runRADDBDIF with step key |NW_Doublestack_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|ci|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Reports|ind|ind|ind|ind|abapReports|0|runRADDBDIF was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Unable to call function. Error message: Syntax error in program SAPLSTFI .).

TRACE      2015-06-04 15:55:22.700 [kdxxctaco.cpp:93]
           CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile
CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile start ...

From dev_rfc.trc we get:

>>> RfcOpenEx ...
Got following connect_param string:
   ASHOST=iuttstsap293 CLIENT=000 LANG=EN LCHECK=1 PASSWD=******* PCS=1 SYSNR=28 USER=DDIC
<<< RfcOpenEx failed

>TS> Thu Jun 04 14:21:47 2015
T:7584 Error in program 'sapinst': ======>      Syntax error in program SAPLSTFI                                               
T:7584 Error in program 'sapinst': <* RfcReceive [3] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION
T:7584 Error in program 'sapinst': <* RfcCallReceive [3] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

**** ERROR file opened at 20150604 155522 E. Australia Standard Time, SAP-REL 721,0,313 RFC-VER 3 1504773 MT-SL
T:7584 Error in program 'sapinst': ======>      Syntax error in program SAPLSTFI                                               
T:7584 Error in program 'sapinst': <* RfcReceive [4] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION
T:7584 Error in program 'sapinst': <* RfcCallReceive [4] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

In ST22 we see:

Runtime Errors         SYNTAX_ERROR
Date and Time          10.06.2015 16:33:40

Short text
     Syntax error in program "SAPLSTFI ".

What happened?
     Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLTMSM" had to be terminated because it has
     come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

The following syntax error occurred in program "SAPLSTFI " in include "LSTFI$01
      " in
     line 12:
     "Type "TPLOGINFO" is unknown"
     " "
     " "
     " "

The include has been created and last changed by:
     Created by: "SAP "
     Last changed by: "SAP "
     Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLTMSM" had to be terminated because it has
     come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

Kind regards,
Keith Webb.