cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Client Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to upgrade HANA Client to Rev 85 from Rev 82 to fix some issues on HANA DB. HANA database engine still on Rev 82. SAP is suggesting that HANA Clinets are backward and forward compatible with the Engines.

We also replicate ECC Tables to HANA and our ECC system has HANA Client Rev 82. Also SLT has HANA Client Rev 82 connected to HANA DB. Few questions

Are we going to have any issues if we have difference clients versions on difference systems?

We cannot update Client on ECC becasue it needs restart and cannot get the outage. Can we keep Rev 82 and still replicate the tables

Does anyone has scenarios like this in your work environment.

We dont want to introduce new issues and hence would like to get some suggestions before I make any decision

Appreciate your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i always thought clients were backward but not forward compatible. clients don't need to be running for the servers to be running, but it's the servers that can't be down or down only for a very short time during maintenance and upgrades. do you have any test systems in your landscape to simulate down times?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got my questions answered by SAP Team. Here are their responses

We can have different versions of Clients in our Landscape ( with same SP level but can have diff Patch level ).

They are forward and backward compatible.

It is recommended to restart the system so that it can pick up latest client files.

Thanks Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Thanks for the info,do we have any SAP Note for the same.

Thanks

M Mahipal