cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution demand in SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SNP planning book display distribution demand from all destination locations. Is there a way to hide certain destination locations' demand in the planning book? The background info is that I have many regions, in each region there are multiple DCs. As a local planner, I may want to evaluate the distribution demand picture for my own region first. then consider demand from other regions. As of right now, distribution demand from all regions are displayed in the planning book. User has to right click the cell to find out destination locations one by one.

Thanks,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

The SNP planning book is not build as an analysis tool. For this kind of requirement is better to extract the data from SNP in BW (info cube). Then with Bex you can build your reporting stuff.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius! I was thinking about the same thing. This might not be possible for planning book to handle.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick

You can create your own selection profile for the same. On left hand top (in planning book) you will see selection window, put location product in header and then select location as filter. Put your DC only on this and click on save profile. Then enter your profile name and save it.

thereafter click on selection profile on left hand side (in middle), it will take you to next window. The saved profile would be visible there, select the same and move the same on left sid to assign to yourself and finally save.

now go back and double click on this profile you would have only your DC's. Finally load them.

llet me know if you need further help on this one.

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your quick reply. For showing 'location product' the selection window does not give me option to filter on destination location. Demand from DCs in my own region and demand from DCs in other region are all showing up in distribution demand key figure for the given location.

thanks,

Rick

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick

I hope you are doing this way. If you select you then only see for your own data.

Other way is to load all, click on header on left hand top.. This will start showing the drill down functionality, "A MAN FACE ICON with name header information setting". Click on the same and in drop down select APO LOCATION, Press Adopt. You will see as below. If you now select only distribution demand key figure and then select details all for APO Location, then it would show for all locations. If you select "details all filter" then you can just choose your location. With this you will distribution demand for your locations.

On the other hand if demand is coming from two locations to one as distribution demand then you need to see distribution demand along with distribution receipt (planned) to get complete overview. One will show the source and other would show destination.

I hope it resolves your issue. Do let us know.

Regards

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Handa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you look at the last screen shot, the list of locations are all source locations. The destination locations are not displayed which is my issue. even though all source locations here are in my region, but the demand could come from DCs in other regions.

thanks,

Rick

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

How can you see demand and supply in same key figure. This is showing you the distribution demand which was result of distribution receipt in some location. Now as a planner if I know my product sand there flow this would mean to compare from where this demand is coming. In below example 4006 & 4012 which are asking from 1310 plant. In this case if you see my distribution receipt total is in sync with distribution demand. But in certain cases it could be that distribution demand is more (as there may be third plant also which is asking 1310 only). To summarize you need to focus on Distribution receipt which is triggering the demand along with distribution demand.

If still we are on different page, please provide an example and what would you expect.

Regards

Rahul