cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAP systems in one MSCS - Is junction required in 2008 R2 ?

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1669619

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90486554-bdc6-2a10-d39b-e143d5b2e...Dear Experts,

We have requirement to install two SAP systems in one MSCS. I have gone though the installation guide and other blogs. According to the latest guide, we need to change sapmnt into sapmnt<SID> and create junction from nodes to shared cluster drives.

However I came across this SCN document which describes no need of junction and renaming of existing SAP systems as of windows 2008 R2.

Can I proceed as per normal cluster installation as per the above link ?

I have gone through this thread as well.

Kindly help to get clarification.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Can I proceed as per normal cluster installation as per the above link ?

Yes, You can perform the normal SAP installation with Windows MSCS on Both SAP instances.

BR

SS

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks a lot for your input. The guide shows that all the SAP instance folders are in same drive for e.g ; in C drive.

I am going to setup separate drive for new SAP system. can I proceed ?

Also could you please let me know, Can I use existing oracle failsafe software or Do I need to install for new SAP system ?

Thanks a lot,

Pradeep

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

1. On both SAP instance central services for ABAP & JAVA can be install in different cluster drives, but the common files are stored in local drive\USR\SID1 & SID2 folders(Not on same folder)

2.  I am not sure about the Oracle Cluster. We have installed and configured the Two SAP instance(SAP EP & PI/XI Dual stack instances) in a Windows 2008 sever with DB MS Sql 2008 R2 (DB compression feature enabled.)

BR

SS

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the common files are stored in local drive\USR\SID1 & SID2 folders(Not on same folder)

Hi Sriram,

Yes, it would not be in same folder. my question was, can I install SAP like below in both nodes locally?

E:/usr/sap/ERP

D:/usr/sap/SCM

If yes, should I rename saploc into saploc<SID> and create junction for each?

Could you please give details.

Thanks a lot,

Pradeep

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

On Windows 2008 MSCS its not require to do the renaming the folders and share's

Each instance is having virtual name  and IP address of SAP group. with this name your share and folder are there.

For example - Host name A - SAPloc - ERP

Host name B - SAPloc - SCM

I think you may require to do the changes in Windows 2003 server with MSCS.

BR

SS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks. The link is applicable for Windows 2003 server however the latest guide states that, multiple oracle home is not supported in the windows 2008 or higher, even MCOD is also not supported then how it is possible to install multiple SAP systems in one MSCS .

Thanks a lot for your help

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have observed that Multiple oracle home is not supported in MSCS from installation guide. I have read MCOD is not supported in MSCS in the following link. How can I proceed now? Is there any workaround for installing multiple oracle home? Kindly help.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28866

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Better you can switch the DB from Oracle to MS Sql 2008 or 2012 R2. In Single DB you can have multiple SAP instance.

Could you refer the link SAP on Oracle support.

Oracle Increases Runtime Database License Fees for SAP Customers - ASUG News

BR

SS

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Migration is not possible in current situation. could you please provide any workaround for installing multiple oracle home?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to browser issue, I am unable to paste the links in exact place..sorry