cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging SAP GUI 7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I followed the same steps of packaging SAP GUI 7.30 and trying to create a single-file installer for SAP GUI 7.40 but got stuck at one step.

First of all, I created the installation server from NWCreateInstServer located in .\BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.40_Comp._1_\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\Setup.

After creation of Installation server, when I use SAP Installation Server Administration Wizard (NWSAPSetupAdmin.exe) to customize SAPGUI package, I get the attached window:

Here, I am unable to add the product SAP Interactive Excel 3.0.3 in this SAPGUI package when I tried Import Products step.

Note: The requirement is to add the below products and customize my SAPGUI package accordingly. I get the below window when I run SetupAll.exe located at .\50127120_6\BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.40_Comp._1_\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32

1. SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 (Compilation 1)

2. KW Add-On for SAP GUI 7.40

3. Business Explorer

4. SAP Interactive Excel 3.0.3

5. SNC Client Encryption

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

SapsetupAlll (as its name implies) will give  you the choice of ALL existing components.

As Matt already stated, it's better you create a package.

From your path file, I see  you have run the executable directly from the downloaded files.

This is not the recommended procedure.

Create an installation server as per the attached installation guide. Eg: Point the nwcreatinstallationserver.exe to a location such as C:\INSTSVR740 or D:\Installserver etc.

Update the installation server as per the attached note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566.

In the installation server, click Check Server, and ensure there

are no errors being generated.

Create your install package.

Test and install.

Regards.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jude,

Thanks for the reply. I've followed your advice but that hasn't brought any joy.

The SAP Interactive Excel still eludes.

The strange thing is it appears the very first time I run NwSapSetupAdmin from a fresh extract

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Leroy,

You need to download SAP Interactive Excel from the download site

Support Packages and Patches - I" SAP INTERACTIVE EXCEL" SAP INTERACTIVE EXCEL 30

Then when this is downloaded, right-click and select Extract with Winrar or other archiving program. Then when you wish to add this to your installation server, select Add product,and browse to the "setup" folder of the Interactive Excel extracted location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant! Thanks Jude.That worked.

Am currently working on a package to include (or possibly integrate) the VSTO update.

The help is much appreciated.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You're more than welcome,Leroy.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

I followed your instructions when attempting to package it but no success. The issue I'm having is that when creating the original package, I can see and select Interactive Excel, put when the package is created, it gets dropped and the package shows an error as incomplete.

When I go back to download the patch as you suggest, it gets downloaded as a single install patch with no zip file. I tried to run the patch against my package, but it still fails. Any suggestions?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We would need to see the sapsetup.log file in order to assist you.

Please note that a single-file installer is really only for testing,and not actually rolling out the package,as the file could require dependencies from the installation server.

If you can upload the sapsetup.log file that would be great.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude, Sorry to go off topic here.

The single installer file, is that a known issue when deploying aross?

We plan on using Microsoft Intune for the deployment of the package and a single file installer seems to eb the smarter option.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Leroy,By all means you can deploy a single-file installer,just make sure there no errors in the sapsetup.log files when the package is created.Please do not repackage the file as an .msi file as this is not supported by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude, please the attached screen shots of before and after creating the package. You can see SAP Interactive excel before I create the package and then it drops after creating it.

Before

After

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is the "product" view which you have attached.

Please review your sapsetup.log file, paying close attention to any remarks starting with 1E , 2E

(note that there should be a space after the 1E

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the two log files attached

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

All I see are ........ Saul,

Jude

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You'll probably find that Interactive Excel is already included as one of the products. In the product hierarchy, expand SAP GUI for Windows 7.40, then expand R/3 Add-On, and it's probably already there. If you specifically want 3.0.3, you just need to update your Installation Server to include Patch 1 for the GUI component (Patch 2 is available, which includes sp4 for Interactive Excel).

So, Import Products isn't what you want to do. Just create a New Package and then drill down to find the products you want.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

Did Matt's solution work for you?

Curiosu to know as I'm faced with the same issue