Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI7.40 & NWBC Configuration issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are migrating from GUI 7.30 to 7.4 and NWBC 4 to 5.0,

after we migrate to these versions, both NWBC and GUI are using the same configuration file sapuiLandscape.xml & SAPUILandscapeGlobal,

if we delete these 2 files and Launch GUI it is creating these two .xml files, it is the same case for NWBC as well.

we have a requirement to maintain different set of systems in GUI and NWBC, if we use the common file (...landscape.xml)

it will always populate the same no.of systems in both GUI and NWBC.

is there a way to force GUI to not to use this xml file and only use saplogon.ini

I have set the registry value "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon"

"LandscapeFormatEnabled" to "1"

deleted the xml file and launch GUI, it is still creating both the xml files in "AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common" directory.

Please advise.

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set "LandscapeFormatEnabled" to "0"(means disable landscpe formate),
so that you you will use saplogon.ini file again.

And we'd like to suggest you to use the latest GUI patch(now is PL 7), this had fixed many bugs.

Best regards,
Xuejiao

michael_sachs2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello George,

although your issue might be resolved by now, I would like to point you to SAP note 2106221 "SAP Logon (Pad) 740: Starting more processes with non default configuration file name". If you implement that patch level mentioned in the note, you should be able to start SAP Logon with a different configuration file while NWBC uses its standard configuration file.

Cheers,

Michael

RolandK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

can you explain it in more detail, how this should work.

I already came  across this note and tried it out with option /INI_FILE:"Path to my different SAPUILandscape.xml file" but this didn't work.

Unfortunately I  didn't find any further description what to do.

TIA

Roland

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is there a requirement to have no SAP gui entries in NWBC?

SAP Logon is filtering NWBC strings so that is easy fixed.

Why do you even install NWBC if you do not intend to use it?

Look at the SAP UI strategy and try to get the customer to embrace the NWBC instead of SAP GUI.

With NWBC 5.0 it is very easy to use SAP Gui embedded in NWBC.

This is what have been decided at my company as part of a long term UI roadmap to go to Fiori.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is the new behavior in the 7.40 gui.

The .xml will automatically be created on launch of the gui.