cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esr content not visible after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have upgraded from 7 EHp1 to 7.4 after the upgrade we cannot find the content under ESR--> Custom or SAP delivered Objects --> namespace definitions and other mapping objects.

We did peroform full cache refresh and re-imported the basis 740 tpz file but we cannot get custom objects in ESR tree. I know that we can re-import the custom tpz files from other older releases but we want to find out the root cause of what might have happened.

Appreciate responses in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please implement note  - 1580750 - PI Integration Builder: objects are missing after successful import

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

That note is not applicable to

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I get this error when I tried to save after checking it.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You can avoid that easily setting the original language to EN for example but i don't think the namespace will appear magically, that you can avoid this possibility. Also if you set Objects are original Objects you can create new elements, but i don't think this will work either.

Have you tried to log on with another user like PISUPER?

Have you tried to restore the default user settings?

Have you tried to export and import this SWC on other PI installation?, in order to know if the objects really exists or not.

And finally open a SAP OSS assistance, this issue is a typical problem that you can use their assistance, they have to give you a leak at least.

Regards.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth

Plz check whether the imported objects are visible in the Tools--->Find Transport, if objects are visible then double click on anyone of the object and copy the Namespace(NS) of that object and try to add that NS manually under the corresponding Software Component and the save and activate. The moment you save and activate the Software component all corresponding name space related objects automatically get associate with the manually entered Namespace. Please try this option for one NS, if it works repeat the same procedure for the remaining NSs.

I hope this will work for you.

Regards,

Mutti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mutti, the issue is that the ESR content such as namespaces/mappings after the upgrade to 7.4 are not showing up in the esr builder so I tried to import old tpz files and sap basis tpz files and they are showing up, so what happened to the esr content is what we are trying to chase the mystery.

The workaround we have is importing the content from other systems but that should be the last resort.

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

We have the same issue with PI 7.5 upgrade. ESR contents not visible but the ID contents are fine.

Did you get the same issue while upgrading all the PI systems in the landscape? Was improting ESR contents the only option?

regards

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that it was due to SUM Version, I have used the new SUM which was latest at that time and that fixed the issue.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand right you can see the SWC but not the objects under their namespaces, isn't it?

And you have checked all the options like Edit Authorizations from SWC and to check Objects are modifiable?, and you have nothing in the change lists tab or conflicts tab?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are partly right, when I switch to Support Pack then I'm able to find the objects like namespace, mappings etc ..

But when it is in the Current Object Versions I can't see the objects, not sure how to activate the inactive objects in order to make the Support Pack 0 to Current.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You should be able to see the ESR content after the upgrade.

Did you select the "unrestricted" usage profile while launching the ESR? May be a profile restriction is not allowing to see all the SWCV's? try with other(admin) user and see?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we selected PI, can we change it now?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to change section at the bottom :

Choosing a Usage Profile - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

However you said custom content but in your screenshot you are referring to standard content i believe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I changed it is still the same,

Standard content is visible after I right click and choose the below option. But Custom content I don't find this option.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you have the SWC in hide option. Check if you can see all your SWC from:

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That didn't help

but I was wondering how to activate SUPPORT PACKAGE 0 to Current Object Versions?

Thanks

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get any error from the import?

Cheers,

Roberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see the content under E-Recruit is not visible.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Check your user has the roles SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR or SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER.

Check this note  1865292 - SAP NetWeaver 7.4: Import of ESR-Content

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have all the roles and profiles. Thanks.