Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Error after CTS configuration - SAP PI 7.31

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Followed all the steps for CTS as mentioned http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ccd0ec-2839-2b10-0097-828fcd8ed...

Facing below error while importing Integration builder object to Quality server.

Assigned permission to everyone \\XXXXX\sapmnt\trans\data for testing purpose, still nothing as worked out. Am i missing any steps. kindly advise.

Regards,

Kartik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhargav_bhatt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Is DEPLOY_DATA_SHARE pointing to /usr/sap/trans/data??

Regards

Bhargav Bhatt

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

I was about the share the solution. After creating Java stack in STMS, it add below parameter to transport tool of each target system.

DEPLOY_DATA_SHARE = \\DEVHOSTNAME\sapmnt\trans\data

changed the path to have quality trans dir and it worked.

Ref: Defining a Method for the File Transfer to the Target System - Change and Transport System - SAP Lib...

Thanks everyone for your time.

Regards,

kartik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik

Could you check this SAP Note

1232674 - class java.io.IO exception during import

BR

SS

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Note talks about assigning permission to SIDadm and SAPServiceSID accounts, which i did already.

In fact i have assigned permission to everyone for testing purpose. Any other workaround please?

Regards,

kartik

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of perms did you set (share or file security)?

Also is the sapmnt share provide access for this remote system to be able to read/write to the trans folder?  Did the CTS export actually work and put a file there?

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Transdir is shared and assigned full permission in security as well. Yes, files is getting saved under transdir while releasing the TR.

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kartik,

from my understanding the tool interacts with transport managment system (TMS).

Check via STMS if the transport tools are basic working (Import overview => Import Queue => Check => Transport Tool).

If this is working, you could state, TMS works basic.

Than I would cross check CTS for user roles.

If that is correctly; are using your transport directory global (will say, are also the J2EE servers writing/reading content from there)? If yes, check user groups, so also J2EE instances are able to access transport directory on OS level.

Also cross check if there are patches for CTS.

Might be also a bug.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

ABAP transports are working fine. when i checked the transport tool, i see below error message in file transfer