Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Item plant allocation

rob_edwards2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have set one item in a VC top level BoM to be 'Relevant to sales'. Selection is dependent on characteristic selection.

If you select the correct value, the part appears in the sales order as a separate line item. The extra item uses the same delivering plant as the configurable item...

Item 10 is the configurable part, item 20 is the additional part. Item 10 is set as plant 1000, therefore item 20 is automatically set to plant 1000.

My question is, can the plant selection for item 20 be variable / overridden? For instance can you override & select plant 6000 (for instance). Currently the field is restricted.

Any thoughts..., please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

If you want to system to default the lower level items plant as dif. plant you may use Sales enhancement  MV45AFZZ -->  USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP.

Here you can write your own logic to change the plant for this configurable material take your ABAP team help.

rob_edwards2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for your help with this query.

I will get somebody to look into the above enhancement.

Thanks again.

Rob.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos
rob_edwards2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ravikumar,

Thanks for the links.

Unfortunately, I can not access them. Try to get access but no joy. Can you send copies?

Thanks.

Rob.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob Edwards,

Seems you need to setup id with sap market place to access this notesI I cant see any option to attach PDF version downloaded from market place.

Also have you checked with SD , if there is some authorization or exit prventing you from changing plant in change mode of sales order?

I cant see mail id in your profile otherwise i could have sent you PDF for it.

Thanks

Ritesh

rob_edwards2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Thanks.

I have been trying to set myself up in marketplace, but no joy. It just wont let me complete!

I have sent you my email.

Thanks.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Below three points from note could be of intrest for you.

3)Material BOMs are plant-specific. For performance reasons, a material BOM (no configuration)

is exploded only once during the creation of the item. If you were to change the plant now,

another bill of material with other components could result from that. However, since no further

BOM explosion occurs, the old, incorrect bill of material would remain. Therefore, a change of

plant is not allowed.

4. For a material BOM, the components may be delivered from another plant. Since the bill of

material cannot be exploded again, there can be no problems during the assignment of the

components.

5. For configurable materials, only the configuration itself may change the plant of the

subitem. Changes of outside would result in problems with the assignment of the individual

components in the configuration. Subitems would then possibly be exploded twice.

rob_edwards2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Thanks.

I read the note you sent me last night & noted point 5, & probably 3 where applicable.

As always thanks for your help.

Rob.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob Edwards,

My understanding is generating a dependent line item in sales order by selecting a specific characteristic value is done by VC , and as while doing so it uses the BOM explosion and obviously it will explode a BOM from the higher level line item, so in second line have same plant as higher level item.

so the question is if its a accessory which need to be ordered with main item and that why its ordered with main item why do you want to break this by assigning a different plant?

Please check SD functionality to change plant for lower level item if its controlled through configuration.

Thanks

Ritesh