cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you migrate legacy data into shopping cart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are going to implement SRM with the UI5 Shopping Cart.  What is the best practice for migrating data into the shopping cart from legacy systems?  It would not appear to be LSMW, unless maybe I am missing something.

Thanks in advance

Cathy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Cathy,

You'll need to create a program based on SRM function modules such as BBP_PD_SC_CREATE/BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL and BBP_PD_SC_SAVE. This program would need to load the information from a flat file. Make sure of the inputs required by the FM's, as some fields are mandatory. Also, some fields might require previous configuration, such as product categories (material groups), because I believe that the FM requires the related GUID's, and not only the material group "code".

You might also want to check out the WSRM protocols for Point-to-Point Communication, if you are using PI-Independent Services. Related information can be found here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/01/6a4a057df0442ea34f054c8993add3/frameset.htm

Hope this information was useful.

Regards,
Gilberto Gallardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gilberto, this is exactly what I needed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

We went live with UI5 last year. You did not mention the version your in but we are Now SRM 7.02 sp5 classic scenario with Chrome browser. 

In terms of master data, vendor and materials should be synch from ECC to SRM via their transactions in SRM.  We use Ariba catalog. 

As per transactional, just process ECC PR and ask user to create UI5 cart from j day.  I would suggest you keep access to me51n for a while just in case users exerience issues in UI5 (plan b).

regards,

Daniel