cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification mails for Technical Monitoring stops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have Technical Monitoring scenario on our solution manager 7.1 SPS11 and it was working fine. Now suddenly the notification mails stops and are not triggering from the system.

I can find the EWA mails and other in the SOST but not the monitoring alerts.

I checked and found the notifications are active but still the alerts are not triggering.

I can find the alerts under Technical Monitoring --> alert inbox.

Please suggest where else I can check.

Thanks,

Arpit Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali and Roland,

Thanks for your replies. I have tried activate/re-assign templates. It did not worked.

What worked for me is I have activated the reporting for Solution manager from Sm_setup --> Technical Monitoring --> Select scope (solman system) --> Reporting --> activate without custom settings.

AJ

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

You could also check the validity of the factory and holiday calendar in transaction SCAL and check the validity as it might be expired? If so, then you will have to extend it. Regards, Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks for reply but how will it affect the mails? it has not changed recently by anyone.

Thanks,

Arpit

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit, For using notification settings in the Central Notification Management, you need to maintain the factory/holiday calendar. If the validity of the factory calendar is okay then nothing needs to be done and the issue is somewhere else. Regards, Roland

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Has there been any change to the template recently which is assigned to the technical system

Have you tried to reactivate/re-assign template to that managed system and check

Regards,

Murali

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your SCOT, background jobs(sapconnect and SAP_ALERT_CALCULATION_ENGINE) and exchange working correctly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes both the jobs are working fine. Only the Alerts are not triggering. SCOT is fine.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the ALERTING framework and issue what are marked there ?

If all is good there, then their might be problems with your exchange server.

Also try below steps.

Goto MAI_TOOLS and in Gruppenrahmen Configuration Tools group box, choose Activate/Deactivate Notifications.

Specify in the group boxes the current global activation status of the function, separately for Notifications, Messages and Auto-Reactions.

Activate the functions here if not activated.