Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 records selected, 0 updated: Backup from DP Planning Area

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My DTP is not backing up any data from  the planning area (to the infocube).

Steps followed were

- Planning area > Data Extraction tools

- Generate Data source - no zeros and blanks

- Replicate Data source

- Create a Info-cube

- Create transformation

-Create DTP - full upload.. tried Delta also with various packet sizes and error handling options.

- Test Extraction RSA3  - is showing the same stuff

The details message is this.

The data request was a full update.

In this case, the corresponding table in the source system does not

contain any data.

System Response

Info IDoc received with status 8.

Procedure

Net result : 0 selected , 0 updated

This is an RSDS Data source. Not 3.x Data source.

SCM7.2.

Is the problem likely that RFC user is expired ? or some authorization issue ?

or is there some below that... data cannot be selected ? but there is another back up created long ago and that works fine

This back up is NEWLY created... if that gives some clues.. may be something to do with RFC user but BASIS says everything is  ok from their end.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I suggest to check your new DATASOURCE

** No Random selection, know your selection of CHAR & KF.

** You need to select the CHAR as well as KFs out of the list.
** KF list will have hide option only, check only KFs which are not required others will be considered for fectching the data.

* Select only periodicity you need to have

Regards,

Suman

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman,

I wish I were a clairvoyant.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Clues appreciated. No luck yet

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, What is the result in RSA3? Do you really have time series data for your selection in liveCache? First please check the key figure(s) you want to extract in planning book (without any macro) to see if there's data there.
The description of this issue is too general and we can imagine many possibilities, so you have to narrow down the issue by yourself first.

BR, Ada

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

I have done my homework as expected. Live cache has data worth 8 years with 45 key figures in it initialized for 20 years .  A dozen people are working on the same live cache every day..

I have already mentioned that I tested RSA3 API and I get the same message. I could figure out that RSA3 is the main program hence DTP too produces the same error on execution.

I am also aware that this is a highly generic message that can happen in many contexts as is evident from BW questions with same message but a variety of problems.

I tried all random selections of key figures and characteristics. The Data source is getting Generated, Replicated and Activated. The transformation is also all good. So why doesn't DTP do anything ?

I will have a ticket raised on SAP Service on High Priority.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating your planning area extractor, are you sure you have selected the correct planning area?

In RSA3, did you properly enter the appropriate APO planning version (for instance '000')?

For your backup procedure, you need to create an infopackage that will load the data in the PSA before it can be pushed to the infocube. Planning version is also a mandatory field from the infopackage and it needs to be entered properly.

Good luck,

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Max for the useful suggestions.

This is actually an issue when planning area has some corrupt CVC's (duplicate guids) for which there is no ';repair' program! 

First there is no option to manage such CVC's and second the error messages are misleading. This is a product flaw that SAP must attend to e.g. providing with a 'expert' CVC management tool. The program LCM_REORG is what I expect such repairs from or may be some other new program.

In this case the system was rebuilt using last back up of planning area. There is NO solution to this issue using standard programs.

Duplicate CVC's can occur is any system. Not necessarily because of 'bad' practices of CVC creation and realignment. This is because the checks and balances needed to create and realign CVC's are not in place. I can elaborate some other day.

Amit