cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag & Drop in Detailed scheduling Planning Board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can drag a planned order and drop it to another date/time on the same resource in detailed scheduling planning board. The qty stay the same. Does anyone know if I can use drag&drop to just change the start date/time or end date/time of the planned order? As a result, the qty should be changed too.

Thanks,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

If you right click on the planned order you can change quantity. And then drag drop accordingly.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I am aware of right click to change qty. What I am looking for is to drag&drop order to change start or end date which then adjust order qty automatically.

thanks,

rick

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I totally get you, but don't think that it is possible. For a simple reason that its scheduling board where we drag and drop and scheduling is happening accordingly.

Now if I go with this approach this means my start or finish date should be fixed, then only we can do this (from one end). If we fix in DS board then dates are fixed but then we can't drag drop, but can change quantity only (with right click).

Though I was looking for some Badi to influence this, eventually didn't found any.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thanks for your help!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jyotichalikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

The quantity of the planned order cannot be changed just by drag and drop in DS Planning board.

For more details kindly go through the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp03/helpdata/en/64/4dc95360267614e10000000a174cb4/frame

set.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

To change start/end time of the operation (planned order), you can use the option extend or compress the duration of the operation time with the help of Stretching and Shrinking function that are available at resource level, tab Time Cont.Capacity, section Factors Influencing Operation Duration.

Max.Stretching = 999% and Max.Shrinking= 1%.

In DS the function is available if you right click on the operation and choose Stretch/Shrink operation.

Unfortunately the quantity will be not changed!

Thanks,

Regards, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius! That is good to know. However, we will need the qty to be changed to reflect new start or end date/time.

The function I am looking for is similar to heuristics SAP_PP_CDOC. But this heuristics need date/time entered manually instead of drag and drop. Also it only extend order not shrink the order...