cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI DS - Import Data using SAP ABAP FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to explore option of importing data using SAP ABAP FM.

There is hardly any detail mentioned in a guide to extract data from an ABAP Prog.

Guide: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/hci1/en/hci10_agent_en.pdf

Page: 44

I tried following steps, please let me know if this is possible in HCIDS or not.

Template Selection: SAP_ECC_Blank

I selected "Custom ABAP" icon. Added few columns which are part of output structure in ABAP Code.

And mapping was done with target object.

I am getting below mentioned error:

Error opening file <*****>. This message contains some internal system details which have been hidden for security. If you need

to see the full contents of the original message, ask your administrator to assign additional privileges to your account.

Note: I have not specified "

Thanks,

Purav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you prep your ECC system for connectivity based on chapter 2?

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to extract data from ECC tables. Thats not an issue.

Thanks,

Purav

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Purav,

This post might be helpful.

You would need to store the custom abap text file on the machine where the agent is installed (i think it should work also anywhere within the network, where agent could access it) and mention the path under ABAP file name.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok finally figured out solution for this requirement.

ABAP prog should be written as follows

*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*

*&  Include           ZSCPR_HCI_DEMO1

*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*

FORM FORM2.

DATA: BEGIN OF itab_t001w OCCURS 100,

werks LIKE t001w-werks.

DATA: END OF itab_t001w.

*  DATA itab1 like itab_t001w OCCURS 100 WITH HEADER LINE.

SELECT werks APPENDING CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE itab_t001w FROM t001w.

LOOP AT itab_t001w.

MOVE itab_t001w-werks TO itab1-werks.

APPEND itab1.

ENDLOOP.

ENDFORM.

• Prog has to start as FORM object and name of the form should be FORM2
  • Data append should be done only in ITAB1 and we are not supposed to declare ITAB1 in our prog.
  • This prog will be dumped on HCI agent server as Aba file (Directory should be added in Config Agent of HCIDS)
  • Create HCI DataFlow with custom ABAP function, specify name of the prog(Aba file) as mentioned in link specified in above reply and run the job.
  • Assumption: No ABAP error.
  • This will generate another Aba file when we connect with Dev system(Datastore property for system is Generate & Execute).
  • This prog will be generated in installed directory of HCI AGENT (Directory: \HCIAGENT\abap\ - if its not installed in OS Drive) else (C:\ProgramData\SAP\DataServicesAgent\abap)
  • We follow steps for this newly generated ABAP prog as per this link and transport it from DEV to QA to PRD.
  • The include prog can be deleted or kept on dev system for ref(activation of this prog is not mandate).

I hope this helps everyone.

Thanks,

Purav

Answers (0)