cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating actual cost of material consumption in production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing, once in a while, a situation in which material consumption, for a production order, was done for an incorrect actual cost.

In a case that we cought it early, we delete the material document, change the price in MR21 and do again the material consumption.

If we cought it late, but the period is still open, and we already have a lot of production orders with the same problem, we change the price in MR21, do another financial transaction (FB01/ FB50) for the specific item + GL account and we expect that in cost analysis, in the production order, we will see a correction line for the relevant item with the right actual cost, or even at the same existing line of the item to see the right cost, but no, we see an additional line, with the correct actual cost but only for the GL account, without the item number.

Maybe somebody know how to do it right, so I'll see in the cost analysis of the production order aline with the correct actual cost for a specific item + GL account?

Thanks a lot,

Yael.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yael,

You can post differential entry in FB01 by crediting/debiting to the order. Then it will appear in your order analysis.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the fast reply.

Financially the solution is ok and we do it like this, but in the cost analysis of the production order we see the correction at the level of GL account only, although we did it with reference to the order (for specific GL+ material).

Do you know if we need to do something else, so we'll see it in the cost analysis of the production order not only for the GL, but also for the specific material that we put in FB01?

Thanks a lot,

Yael.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yael,

As you said, your material consumption was wrongly booked due to wrong material price maintenance. However you can reverse the consumption, change the price by MR21 and again book consumption for the material. This will book actual costs to the order.

Regards,
Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mukthar,

As I mentioned in my first discussion, sometimes we cought it to late, after a lot of material documents were created and we cannot do reverse to each one of them.

Of course, we do FB01 (for finanace correction) and MR21 (for future consumtion of this specific material) but without reversing the documents, because there are a lot.

For this case I want to have a solution that will change the actual cost, for the specific material, in an order.

Do you have another idea?

Thanks a lot,

Yael.