Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expense based Forecasting through PS

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Need your help in Expense based Forecasting through PS.

PS is using for CAPEX project,only cost activity linked to WBS and give Plan cost andCost Element on each activity.

Requirement:

Example:

Plan Cost  is 1000

Plan Cost Element : 333

Plan Duration – 120 Days (approx. 4 months)

At the time of project initiation Forecast = 1000/ 4 = 250 per month.

After 1st Month

For 1st month  Actual cost comes  -  400

Remaining cost ( Cost Element will not same as planed Cost Element) = 1000 – 400 = 600

Now ,Forecast for 2nd month =  600 /3 = 200

Same for consecutive months.

We require to inculcate above mentioned  forecasting mechanism with  monthly Forecasting/Variance
report through PS.

Appreciate your help and guidance on best Industry Practices,

Regards

Karan Varshney

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

That is a very big topic actually.  You should try Forecast functionality in SAP ECC with a Forecast version.  It is a bit limited and not covering for everything as it should, but for a limited number of scenarios it works fine and also supports manual updates through Forecast Workbench.

Many projects doing it in BPC, some use ECC Add-ons like Noveco, but I still hope SAP can improve it in ECC.  But otherwise you are pushed into BPC that is also being sold by SAP...

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo

I have worked on an implementation of Noveco and it was very well received by engineers and project managers.

In case anyone is interested Noveco is a great tool, fits easily into SAP and I have found it great to use. Try it and or get demo for free from Novecosystems.com

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

in the standard SAP reports you have the plan/actual/variance which will fulfill your requirement till 1000 as plan cost, 400 as actual and 600 as variance.. which is the forecast in your case for the remaining months.

I think for system to calculate  and distribute this variance as the forecast values based on your calculations you would need a custom report.. but it is doable... I am not sure if we can handle it in standard...

lets wait for the others as well...

Regards

Sammar