cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on SolMan on changing Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have SolMan system and around 92 connected managed systems. Now server on which SolMan is hosted is changing form one country to other country.

Means even the Third party Vendor which was taking care of SolMan server is changing and new Vendor will take care of new server/hardware.

So, my query what will be the impact on SolMan system/managed systems and configured modules because of above activity  (ITSM, ChaRM etc.)?

Are managed systems connection dependent on SolMan server ? Do we need to reconfigure TMS etc. or it will work w/o any post migration activities ?

P.S. -  SIDs and respective clients will remain same for SolMan system.

Thanks,

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do change the hostname, then you will need to re-run Managed System Configuration for each of the 92 connected managed systems. Afterwards, you can optionally perform some cleanup in the systems to get rid of obsolete RFC connections/destinations for the old SolMan host. This isn't the end of the world, but it is a bit of busywork. I've gone through it with my landscape, although we only had a couple dozen managed systems, not 92 of them.

I'm not sure how ITSM/CHARM, etc, are impacted, though. Presumably it should be enough to reconfigure the Managed System Config, but we aren't using ITSM and CHARM here, so I can't say for sure.

If your SLD is also changing (i.e., it's co-located with SolMan, which is common), then you'll also need to change the SLD destination settings on each of the managed systems (RZ70 on the ABAP systems, Visual Administrator or NetWeaver Administrator (depending on release) on the Java systems).

If the hostname doesn't change, then as Divyanshu says, the work is much less, but you still need to ensure each of the systems can properly find the new host. This is probably just a matter of ensuring your DNS is up-to-date (assuming the IP address changes), and that the hostname-to-IP-address mapping isn't manually entered in HOSTS files on any of the servers.

Cheers,

Matt

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

One important thing is - Make sure the hostname remains the same of your new server/hardware.

If that is kept same, all will be good I believe. You only will have to adapt your SAP system to new environment.

Regards,