cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccms agent configuration in distributed landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have an EPR system in distributed setup. In St06 I could only see the details of the CI node alone . I understand that the data will be visible only if SAPOSCOL and ccms agent are installed and configured in the DB node. So I have installed SAPHOSTAGENT in the DB node( standalone gateway instance is also running in the DB node). But I am not clear on how to the installation of ccms agent and the required configuration to make the DB server details available in SAP.

Please help

Regards

Sandy Sam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Why are you using CCMS ?

If can install host agent and also install diagnostic agent and use MAI for this purpose.

Also, there is one KBA 1952392 which I can recall - it talks about similar issue.

Please check if that is helpful.

Regards,

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

MAI is not able to collect data for ST06.

Regards,
Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

and the KBA 1952392 is my KBA 🙂 this is for older systems. We should know first, with which release we have to do. There are big differences between releases.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow.. I had this KBA listed in my old ccms notepad file

And by saying MAI - I mean as a whole alternative for CCMS which I think is far easier to deal with.

Regards,

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

really? 🙂 yes, MAI is another alerting infrastructure than CCMS, and CCMS is one of the data providers for MAI, MAI gets a part of its data from CCMS shared memory.

ST06 is not for alerting and sending e-mails, currently there is no alternative for ST06. The data in ST06 is required for remote SAP services, you have to configure it also in case if you are using MAI as the alerting infrastructure.

Regards,
Alwina

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you are right

But I wanted to say use MAI... not CCMS.. and that is not a solution, was a suggestion

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

it depends on the basis support package level of the system, if you can register SAPHOSTAGENT at the system to display OS data in ST06 or if you have to use the standalone sapccmsr agent for this. Please take a look at the note:

1491115 - OS monitor ST06/OS07N do not display data of SAPHOSTAGENTs

If you have required basis support package level, then you can activate new registration procedure in RZ21 and you can use integrated sapccmsr in SAPHOSTAGENT and register it from "RZ21 --> Configure Central System --> Configure Remote Monitoring."

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

The system is an EHP7 system.. When I tried to to register in RZ21 I am getting the following error

Overview

Internal error when maintaining WS destination

Route to SID

Could not register segment <hostname>~99

ERRPR_WEBSERVICE_RUNTIME_INIT Logical port 'SAPCCMS_<hostname>_99' for proxy      class CO_WSSAPCCMS is not active

Monitoring Entry

I checked in lpconfig and there is no logical port starting with SAPCCMS* for the proxy class.

Is there anything I need to do manually in SAP(CI node) and DB node.?

Regards

Sandy Sam

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

since you are getting the message "class CO_WSSAPCCMS is not active" could you please check the parameter:

service/porttypes

which port types are defined here? Do you see SAPCCMS in this parameter? Please check it on the both sides:

- in the profile host_profile of the SAPHOSTAGENT

- in the profiles of SAP system (SE38 --> RSPFPAR)

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

I have checked the parameter value in SAP and host_profile both are different and values should be as follows

SAP

service/porttype=SAPControlPortType SAPCCMS SAPDSR

SAPHOSTAGENT(host_profile - DB Node))

Service/porttype = SAPHpstControl SAPoscol SAPCCMS

Do I have to do any configuration on the DB node for the registration of CCMS in SAP?

Regards

Sandy Sam

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

no, you should not configure something on the DB node, you should ensure only, that the SAPHOSTAGENT is running. The SAPCCMS port is activated on the both sides.

Would it be possible to attach a screenhot about your registration of the SAPHOSTAGENT in RZ21? I would like to see, if this is old or new registration and which information (client, user) you have used. In which client you was logged on during the registration? Could you please logon in client 000 and repeat the registration from this client?

Please check also the traces of the integrated agent on the DB host, if the agent was started. On a unix server this should be the directory /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/sapccmsr, and in this directory please check the trace sapstartsrv_ccms.log.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

SAPHOSTAGENT is already running in the system,
( hostagent_status.txt)

I have attached the ccmslog file for your reference,

I tried the Hostagent registration from client 000 .scn is not allowing me to assing more than 3 file. Could you please share your mail id and I will send you the screen shots.

Regards

Sandy Sam

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

the agent is almost one year old, could you please update your SAPHOSTAGENT? It does not contain this correction (for example):

2125774 - CCMS: SAPHOSTAGENT does not send communication status to Central Monitoring System

Please be aware, that the 7.20 version of saposcol is out of maintenance, please check the note "2179798 - Saposcol 720 run out of maintenance".

The attached trace sapstartsrv_ccms.log does not contain any entries about the registration request from CEN, CEN did not reach the agent. I would like to have a look, which information you have used in RZ21 for the registration, I will send you my e-mail address via direct message in SCN. Does the ICM trace dev_icm contain entries for the SAPHOSTAGENT registration? This is strange also, that the integrated agent has stopped to write anything into its trace in April, not sure, if the agent is really running.

Regards,
Alwina