cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Exchange Policy / Afaria 7 SP5 on Premise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We have an question concerning the 'Exchange ActiveSync' payload in iOS configuration policies.

There are mobile users from within the company reporting that they reguarly need to re-enter their Exchange password (daily).

Our Exchange payload Looks like this:

Is there a possibility to regulate how often the Exchange password will be checked after a device has been enrolled?

It seems to us, as if the account was re-pushed to the device daily and therefore the Password needs to be re-entered as another reported effect is, that the sorting of different Mail-Accounts on the device is being reset daily too.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tobias,

The password shouldn't be prompted for unless the policy is being resent.  The policy should not repeatedly go to the device unless it changed or it isn't registering as applied.  Based on this, you aren't setting the exchange password either.  Does the system prompt for the password on the enrollment?  Check the policy delivery log and see if the exchange policy is only applying the one time.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

Thanks for the hint with the policy delivery log.

Yes, the system prompts for the password on the enrollment. It seems that the Configuration Policy containing the Exchange Payload is being delivered daily, but hasn't been changed lately. That would mean that the policy is not registering as applied. But on the device everything is working correctly and once the Password is entered (in the morning) the password is not prompted again until the next morning.

Any idea what could be the reason that all the policies seem to work correctly on the device, but the policy is applied daily although we didn't change it?

Tobias

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Well prompting for the password on enrollment is why they are having to reenter the password every morning.  By doing that, one of the parameters we pass down is that value because it was collected.  Please se http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1858693 for more details.  As for the polices applying daily, that is rather strange.  I suspect that means it is not processing or collecting inventory properly.  Does the device's inventory collection appear to be correct and processing?

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

This seems to be a bit more complicated. I've opened up an Incident with further Information. There really seems to be an issue with the Inventory... I'm in contact with Chris Redel now concerning this. When we found a solution, i'll post it here...

Cheers,

Tobias

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Thanks for the update.  Inventory would make sense.  I am certain Chris can assist so just let us know when you can.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

We finally were able solve the problem (among others) by following the instructions in the Knowledge Base Article 1659279. Chris found out that this could be the source of the strange effects we had with our devices, and it was.

Thank you for the help!

Cheers,

Tobias

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Great to hear!  Thanks for the update.

Tracy

Answers (0)