Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query on deployment of .lums file

former_member319241
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have started learning SAP lumira and created a few visualizations using SQL Server 2008 data source.

My question is what are the options for the deployment so that the visualizations can be seen by end users in a company?

Also from where the end users can see these visualizations like Web Browser or any other system like SAP business one?

Also does the visualization refresh  after auto refreshing of data source?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are multiple option. In addition to the below ones, you can save as to the BI platform.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have server deployments to suit various needs.

1. hosted off-premise/free -SAP Lumira Cloud
  2. small enterprise/departmental level -SAP Lumira Team Server
  3. medium to large enterprise - SAP Lumira Server for BIPlatform
  4. large enterprise -SAP Lumira Server for HANA

the desktop you have evaluated can Save or Publish to all the above locations.

This would then mean that the created content (i.e. story/infographic)  would be consumable via a web browser for the main Visualise and Compose workflows by end-users 

Regards,

H

former_member319241
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

If I publish my contents using free SAP Lumira Cloud account and access them using URL in web browser, and if I use dataset refresh option for each document say Daily refresh, and if I access the infographics using web browser again, then will the datasets automatically refreshed daily and reflect in the inforgraphics or I have to manually refresh datasets?

Thanks.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurabh - I am not sure how you plan to refresh the datasets in the cloud - please see the SAP Help at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/lumC1/en/lumC_user_en.pdf page 17 - refreshing on the cloud using HCI is only available to Enterprise users (not free users)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the datasource is updated daily, then you should:

use the desktop scheduling agent to 'refresh every xx hours/days'  (this will update the dataset , from your desktop, to the cloud, at the specified refresh intervals)   Your desktop will need to be online to achieve the update.

Consequently, the dependent artefact (the Lumira document)  will refresh accordingly in the target.

Finally, You need to set the "Storyboard/Infographic" to 'refresh on open'  so that it automatically reflects the updated records.

regards,
H