cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to do result recording for packaging material (material type VERP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing the following issue about result recording for packaging material (material type VERP):

Error message:

Message no. QE181

Diagnosis

You cannot record any characteristic results for this inspection lot. The material master has been set up for the existing inspection type in such a way that results recording is not supported.

Procedure

Confirm defects for this inspection lot or select another inspection lot in which you can confirm the characteristic results.

===========================

Note:

- Inspection Lot status is REL (inspection plan was already assigned to material, inspection type 01 is active for the relevant material).

- I can do result recording completely for the raw material when I am trying assign a raw material (material type ROH) to the same inspection plan.

- Maintained OP50 already.

I am wondering if I am missing any config for result recording and packaging material.. Could anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Check whether the below setting is active in Material Master QM Tab of Inspection Set up

Thanks & Regards

Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

Thanks for your reply. I Checked those setting already. still not work....

Ky.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps when the lot was created or when the PO was created at that time this tick must be missing in material master. Could you please try by creating new Purchase Order and new inspection lot now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I try to recreate many PO and MIGO already...not only one material, It happened on every material with material type VERP... Is there any setting for VERP material?

Ky.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The issue is resolved, I forgot to check the filed "Automatic Assignment" in Material Master. The Preferred Inspection Type is not need to check.

Thank you very much.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you get the inspection lot with REL status then? Did you assign the task list manually ?

Because this check box doesn't play a role in result recording directly, and never if the lot status is REL.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes...I assigned the task list manually.

Ky.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in configuration that the material type VERP has been assigned to the task list type Q.

QM-->Quality Planning-->Inspection Planning-->General-->Assign Task List Types to Material Types

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crag,

All Task List Types have been assigned to VERP.

0 Kudos

Most Probably i will go with Annand, try once..

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following:

The reason for this system behavior is probably based on different dates in the data. (If you use the production version and the characterristics are assigned to the routing.) When creating the inspection lot the date of the production version will is taken into account. If the inspection characteristics have been added to the assigned routing after that date, the system cannot find them. So the lot will be created without characteristics, which is correct.

After one inspection lot had been created this data will be taken into account when creating the next one.

There are two solutions,

1. Create a new production version with a valid-from date later than the valid-from date of the assigned routing and later than the creation date of the characteristics.

2. Add the relevant data to the routing for valid-from-date ANDAT of  PLKO.

Check Note 305244 too.

Kind regards,

Natália

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally check the control indicators of the MIC(s) assigned and see if 'No char. recording' is ticked under result confirmation.

Other than that, make sure you are checking the 'Check Chars' under correct inspection type in the material master.

If everything seems fine, screenshots of the relevant master data along with error display would be helpful to analyse the case.

ntn